Is Bodybuilding a Sport?

StCapps

Re: Is Bodybuilding a Sport?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

So.. here is one of the leading bodybuilders saying it's not a sport..
Sports that are subjectively judged are real sports. His argument makes no sense, especially when he brings up MMA as real sport despite the fact the fights that go to a decision are subjectively judged based on who the judges thought looked better based on the scoring criteria. Yet bodybuilding isn't a real sport to him for the same reason. He's talking out of his ass.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:24 pm

You'd have to finish the video before you decided it was shit.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You'd have to finish the video before you decided it was shit.
He's making excuses for all the times he lost. "The judges robbed me man! This ain't a real sport, in a real sport that judges don't rob you based on their subjective opinion of your look and performance. Yet somehow I still think MMA is real sport despite being disqualified under the same criteria." His reasoning makes no sense, just because he's a bodybuilder and he thinks it isn't a sport doesn't mean he's right. Plenty of MMA fighters think MMA isn't a real sport for the same stupid reasons, and they aren't right either. Sometimes an athlete has no idea what a real sport is, you are appealing to authority out of ignorance but your authority has terrible argument so you lose. Beauty pageants are sports too so him comparing bodybuilding to that as if "see if bodybuilding is just like that then it's can't be a real sport because beauty pageants aren't real because they are subjectively judged too" that's a faulty assumption for reasons I've already elaborated on.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:33 pm

All the times he lost!?

How many times did he win Mr. Olympia again?

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:33 pm

If a 400 pound man shoving hot dogs in his mouth is an athlete, then everyone on the planet is an athlete. The term has no meaning whatsoever. (Which is unfair to actual athletes.)
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:All the times he lost!?

He lost and he's saying it wasn't his fault because the judges just disagreed, so it isn't a real sport. That's butthurt loser whine that even the biggest winners engage in when they lose on occasion. Last I checked he didn't win every bodybuilding competition he was ever in. Subjective criteria has no bearing on what is and isn't a sport, I've already argued against this position for pages before you tried to appeal to authority by saying one of the world's best bodybuilders disagrees with me. His argument isn't anymore credible coming from him than it was from you are anyone else making it.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Kath wrote:If a 400 pound man shoving hot dogs in his mouth is an athlete, then everyone on the planet is an athlete. The term has no meaning whatsoever. (Which is unfair to actual athletes.)
Only if they participate in eating competitions would they be an athlete. If they aren't participating in a sport or another form of physical exercise, then they aren't an athlete. Just because some sports require a higher standard of general fitness to participate competitively than others doesn't mean that sports on the lower end of that aren't sport. Also the best competitive eaters in the world aren't 400lbs dudes they are average sized or smaller dudes, fat and muscle gets in the way of the stomach expanding and slows you down as a competitive eater. Pro tip.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:50 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:All the times he lost!?

He lost and he's saying it wasn't his fault because the judges just disagreed, so it isn't a real sport. That's butthurt loser whine that even the biggest winners engage in when they lose on occasion. Last I checked he didn't win every bodybuilding competition he was ever in. Subjective criteria has no bearing on what is and isn't a sport, I've already argued against this position for pages before you tried to appeal to authority by saying one of the world's best bodybuilders disagrees with me. His argument isn't anymore credible coming from him than it was from you are anyone else making it.

He won like four times. He is like the 0.01% of bodybuilders. He has no reason to complain about anything, and he wasn't complaining about "losing", lol.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:He won like four times. He is like the 0.01% of bodybuilders. He has no reason to complain about anything, and he wasn't complaining about "losing", lol.
Yeah he was. He was blaming the judges and saying it wasn't his fault because he wouldn't change a thing. Maybe he's right and the judges were incompetent or maybe he just lost a close decision and wants to lay the blame elsewhere. I don't know bodybuilding well enough to know whether they made the correct subjective call, judges have been known to fuck up, but that doesn't make these sports not real because the winner is determined by that method.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:53 pm

No, capps. You are grasping. It's not a sport. Even a Mr. Olympia will tell you this.

And you are committing ad hominem by attacking Rich Piana while ignoring his argument.