The Great Movie Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Great Movie Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:35 am
I rest my case.
LOL

Your "case" had nothing to do with the topic. Kitchen sink argument. Try to throw as much shit at the other guy as possible to avoid having to respond to your argument getting refuted.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:09 am

Fife wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:53 am
These modern movies are all retreads.
Movies are no different than anything, we as a nation have become crabs in a bucket; if anyone is has different ideas, they will be ostracised, and the mechanism to go around the gatekeepers is gone, opportunity is being hoarded by the Nouveau Aristocracy.

Try to say something new, like I do, see what happens...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 am

but how often do voting interests lie with only skin color and ethnicity? blacks and hispanics may split on immigration but i would imagine both demographics generally support something like socialized healthcare and would vote together on that issue.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 am
but how often do voting interests lie with only skin color and ethnicity? blacks and hispanics may split on immigration but i would imagine both demographics generally support something like socialized healthcare and would vote together on that issue.
MLK said it for my generation, "it's not what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside," but that's over now. You may be a throwback.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 am

I’d have a hard time figuring out what candidates I’m supposed to vote for, based solely on my made-up race... is there a website or something?
68253220-4309-44CF-A242-26A05B7C3804.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 am
pineapplemike wrote:
MLK said it for my generation, "it's not what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside," but that's over now. You may be a throwback.
patiently waiting for the reboot of the MLK movie franchise, optimized for the current year politics. i expect maximum amounts of woke

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 am
Martin Hash wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:
patiently waiting for the reboot of the MLK movie franchise, optimized for the current year politics. i expect maximum amounts of woke
They'll need to edit out the "I've got a dream" speech.

p.s. BTW, I think his dream was achieved, and went all the way to switching sides on the racism.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

p.s. BTW, I think his dream was achieved, and went all the way to switching sides on the racism.
Agree.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:29 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 am
pineapplemike wrote:

Agree.
We love all the agreement in the movie thread.

So brave.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:17 pm

The best movie I saw this year in theaters was American Animals. Truly original, very engaging movie. Its a cross between a documentary and a work of fiction. Definitely worth seeing.

Other good films this year:

-Buster Scruggs ( on netflix): Western by Coens. Funny and sad, pretty damn good.
-Mandy: off the wall Nicholas Cage 80's throwback gore/cult film. Beautifully shot which will make you laugh your ass off at the pure weirdness. I predict it will gain a reputation as time passes. Watch the shit out of it real talk.
-Sicario 2: Pretty solid sequel. Not as good as the original, but definitely check it out.
-Leave No Trace: A movie about a veteran and his daughter living in a national park's wilderness in the pacific northwest, who are found by the government and are given housing and the father's struggle's to acclimate to regular life. This is the same director who made Winter's Bone, which was a great movie. Check it out.
-Mom and Dad: Nicholas Cage must need some money, because this is another B movie he did this year which is about a phenomenon where parents suddenly decide to want to murder their children. Pandemonium ensues. Not as good as Mandy, but still entertaining.
-Don't Worry he Won't Get Far on Foot: Biography of the paralyzed cartoonist John Callahan, and how he uses the humor of his offensive cartoons to cope with his alcoholism and paralysis after a car crash. Worth watching.
-The Death of Stalin: about the power struggle after Stalin's Death. Clever shit, probably overrated though. Still liked it

Those are the films I can remember enjoying this year off the top of my head. Feel free to provide your own recommendations. Please no faggy superhero movies of any kind. Yes, I also mean Deadpool 2. That film is just as shitty as every other one. No, its not clever that it uses irony, self awareness and fourth wall breaking. Its shit, and deep down you know how stupid it is to enjoy anything derivative from comic books.
Shikata ga nai