The Great Movie Thread

C-Mag

Re: The Great Movie Thread

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:46 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 pm
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

7 short stories by the Coen Brothers, set in the old west. Combination of tall tales and, maybe, a more 'real' West than you've ever seen. It's very, very good.
That looks promising

I'm going to try and fire that up in the next week or so.

What's up, are the Cohen brothers in love with Westerns ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:46 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 pm
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

7 short stories by the Coen Brothers, set in the old west. Combination of tall tales and, maybe, a more 'real' West than you've ever seen. It's very, very good.
That looks promising

I'm going to try and fire that up in the next week or so.

What's up, are the Cohen brothers in love with Westerns ?
All of their movies reference the Old West in some way. Because it's the essential American mythology, and the starting place for any good story set here.

Put it this way - I am a HUGE fan of Big Lebowski, but this may well be their masterpiece.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

The first short story was great! Hilarious, dark and absurd, very Coen brothers. The second was also entertaining. The third was boring. I bailed after that but I'll watch the rest if I hear good things

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:58 pm

The gist of “Creed 2” is that White men deserve to lose even if they are sympathetic characters and have greater merit, especially Russians.

It’s a piece of shit.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:21 pm

The anti-white anti-male propaganda is really pervasive these days.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:21 pm
The anti-white anti-male propaganda is really pervasive these days.
After researching, turns out the demographic for consumerism is not White any longer. These ads and movies are appealing to the new base.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Looks like civic nationalism was a bad idea.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm

You’re looking 180 degrees out of phase: the problem is that my generation, and maybe GenY, was instilled with “civic nationalism,” the concept that people should be judged by what’s on the inside, not the outside, racism was discouraged; but this new generation, and maybe yours, are racist mutterfukkers.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:16 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:28 pm
You’re looking 180 degrees out of phase: the problem is that my generation, and maybe GenY, was instilled with “civic nationalism,” the concept that people should be judged by what’s on the inside, not the outside, racism was discouraged; but this new generation, and maybe yours, are racist mutterfukkers.
I think the left is full of racists. The right is still pozzed by civic nationalism. They indoctrinated Gen X with that nonsense too. I do not think it is generational at all. After the 1960s, the left controlled government schools, media, and universities. They indoctrinated whites with what essentially is a kill switch (civic nationalism) while simultaneously encouraging racial identities of nonwhites. Then they used their propaganda apparatus to convince everybody that nonwhites are especially aggrieved by whites. When no evidence exists for that beyond the 1960s, they invented bullshit like institutional racism and white privilege.

What you are seeing in the media is not a product of the demand. Hollywood creates demand by forcing this propaganda always upon people whether they like it or not, knowing eventually most people will succumb. People have complained for years now about Hollywood ruining franchises with SJW ideology, and Hollywood does not give a fuck. They will lose money to keep pushing this. McCarthy was not wrong about them.

As far as "racism", I do not consider it racism to acknowledge the demonstrable fact that each racial group possesses their own unique self-interests and those interests are often in conflict. Indeed, to deny any race even the ability to express those self-interests, to my mind, is truly racist as fuck.