The Great Movie Thread

Penner

The Great Movie Thread

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:39 pm

So, I kind of wanted to put a place where we can discuss just movies. Anything about movies, movie theories, movie stars, movie cultural, how to write a movie, etc.... Just like that other, really old thread we had back in the day.

Penner

Re: The Great Movie Thread

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Here are a few movies that I want to see:

Passengers

Rogue One

Dr. Strange

Has anyone saw anyone lately are were they good movies or bad, or something that I can wait until it comes to Netflix....

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Rogue One is good, very similar to last year's episode 7 in that it's extremely safe, inoffensive but I won't deny it is entertaining. It's probably what you expect.

I saw Arrival in the theater a couple weeks ago and it was a cool new alien movie . I like the director, Villeneuve, and saw some little things in Arrival that reminded me of his earlier film Enemy. P good movie.

katarn

Post by katarn » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:30 am

Penner wrote:Here are a few movies that I want to see:

Passengers

Rogue One

Dr. Strange

Has anyone saw anyone lately are were they good movies or bad, or something that I can wait until it comes to Netflix....
Dr. Strange was pretty good, if you aren't one of those people who find such movies immature and childish as a genre.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:08 pm

My wife took me to see Rogue One on Monday for the late show after shopping down at the mall, just on spur of the moment, and I have to say, it was pretty damn good, second best Star Wars movie of all time, way better than the one last year, only Empire Strikes Back is better than Rogue One.

And the way they brought Peter Cushing back to life? That was unreal, my wife didn't even realize that it wasn't a real person, I told her afterwards that he's been dead since 1994 and she was stunned, not that she knows who Peter Cushing was mind you, but she never noticed that he was computer generated for the movie.

Disney has saved Star Wars from George Lucas, they should hire JJ Abrams and Gareth Edwards to go back and remake the rest of them now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:05 pm

So the trailer to Alien Covenant came out- and it does look good- but a part me kind of wanted a brand new movie and not another reboot, soft reboot, sequel, prequel, etc...

Here is the trailer:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Published on Sep 30, 2016Please, donate: https://www.paypal.me/Russianforeduca...
Fortress of War (Russian: Брестская крепость; translit. Brestskaia krepost; festival title: The Brest Fortress) is a 2010 Russian-Belarusian war film.

It recounts the events surrounding the June 1941 Defense of Brest Fortress against invading Wehrmacht forces in the opening stages of Operation Barbarossa, Nazi Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union during World War II. The movie is accompanied by in medias res narration from the perspective of (then) 15-year-old Sasha Akimov, and mainly centers on three resistance zones holding out against the protracted German siege, headed by regiment commander Major Pyotr Gavrilov (44th Rifle Regiment of the Red Army), with Regimental Commissar Yefim Fomin (84th Rifle Regiment of the Red Army), and the head of the 9th Frontier Outpost, Lieutenant Andrey Mitrofanovich Kizhevatov.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Pretty cool, definitely worth seeing in the theater.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:46 pm

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm

I like that one.