Woodworking thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Woodworking thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Dude, I don't even have a license for these tools.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 12:05 am

Chicken Tractor build underway. We are gonna try capturing 3 or 4 of the wild hens and put em to work. If that doesn't pan out we will get some domesticated pullets. Final paint and corrugated roof go on tomorrow followed by hens on Sunday if all goes according to Hoyle.

The top picture also has some dirt shirts drying in the breeze out that I am dyeing with red dirt from Waimanalo.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 25, 2018 12:17 am

NICE !
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri May 25, 2018 3:52 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:17 am
NICE !
Excited to see how this will turn out!

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 am

Shirts turned out great. Those are two formerly white shirts that met up with some iron oxide rich dirt. Gifts for my niece. They'll last about 40 washes before gradually fading to a light redish orange. Take a 2 - 5 dollar shirt and turn it into a $25 dollar shirt. Fun!

http://dirtshirt.com/index.php?route=pr ... path=52_81

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 am
Shirts turned out great. Those are two formerly white shirts that met up with some iron oxide rich dirt. Gifts for my niece. They'll last about 40 washes before gradually fading to a light redish orange. Take a 2 - 5 dollar shirt and turn it into a $25 dollar shirt. Fun!

http://dirtshirt.com/index.php?route=pr ... path=52_81

There was a Dirty Jobs episode about a guy that does that in Hawaii. Don’t get sued.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 12:38 am

Today's progress. Tomorrow will be a done deal. Today was 2 coats paint, chicken wire, cut all the sheet metal and assembly. Roof is on hinges for full access, front door and nesting boxes installed.
Hopefully, we catch some chickens tomorrow or Sunday. Mmmmm, eggs. I can taste em now.

Blurry pic of the nesting boxes.

Full tour tomorrow.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 am

Store bought horses AND Snap-on?

:snooty:

Don't let JD or jedi find out. They'll be on the phone to your mayor putting together a shake down.

Looks nice man.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 am

Don't let JD or jedi find out. They'll be on the phone to your mayor putting together a shake down.

Looks nice man.
HAHA! I have a mayor? News to me. This place is COUNTRY!

I went the cheapy route on the horses but I did have to kick in for the 2x4 tops. They were a stop gap. 8 months without all of my shit makes a person desperate. ;) I'll make some real ones now that all my tools have arrived in all their glory.

The snap on replaced my San Francisco slippers. The knees ain't what they used to be. I would scoff at such bullshit back in the day. What have I become??? :D :D

Thanks. Soon we are gonna turn some bitches out. They better be getting their egg on. How's your flock doing?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 am

Haumana wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 am

Looks nice man.
HAHA! I have a mayor? News to me. This place is COUNTRY!

I went the cheapy route on the horses but I did have to kick in for the 2x4 tops. They were a stop gap. 8 months without all of my shit makes a person desperate. ;) I'll make some real ones now that all my tools have arrived in all their glory.

The snap on replaced my San Francisco slippers. The knees ain't what they used to be. I would scoff at such bullshit back in the day. What have I become??? :D :D

Thanks. Soon we are gonna turn some bitches out. They better be getting their egg on. How's your flock doing?
They got big fast. They look like little raptors sprinting back and forth down the rows in the garden.

You get to see the volcano yet?