Holiday season

Smitty-48

Re: Holiday season

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Thanks to Smitty and the ladies. My wife really likes her fitbit. She came running to show me her text messages popping up, "I'll never check my phone again!"
Nice, my wife's already got her Charge 2, so I got her these instead...

Sorel Joan of Arctic Wedge.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

15 degrees here today, sandals would have been more appropriate.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:44 pm

I got her a pair of Sketchers Go Walk's too, my wife loves her some shoes, I just go to the outlet mall and pick some out, can't go wrong, she can never get enough, she has a whole walk-in closet which is just for shoes, all on display, my wife loves shoes the way I love guns.

Not that I ever get a gun for Christmas mind you, Santa's a liberal apparently, but whatever, so long as I get my Lagavulin, I'm happy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Sometimes I do hollah like the black folk at the movies, when Darth Vader came on in Rogue One, I was like "All-right, woot-woot!", my wife shushed me, even though there was nobody else in the theatre. lol.
Rogue One was good. Good at least when you compare it to Episodes 1-3.

Although now the Episode IV beginning looks totally different. I mean before you did think the Empire just went on to attack a ship on a diplomatic mission.
Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by rebel spies.

Hmmm.... how about the ship fleeing the battle???

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Gf's dad just broke out the 12-year scotch. The holiday is very merry again. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Penner wrote:
My older sister want to see Rogue One, which means that we wouldn't be going to the theaters until like 9:30 PM and I also want our brother to come to the movie as well.
We did that today with my sister's family. Us boys went to see Rogue One and the ladies went to see Moana. The best thing I can say about Rogue One was that it was the first time I enjoyed a beer while watching a movie at the theater. ;) Son gave it an 8.5/10 though.

katarn

Post by katarn » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:37 pm

I thought Rogue One was pretty good, even if they changed the Expanded Universe version more than I'd hoped. Nice blend of characters.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Just watched Sicario, that was a bad ass jam, my wife liked it too. Canadian director, Denis Villeneuve, did the new Blade Runner 2049 movie, I dig the style; so dark.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:44 am

Merry Christmas forumites!!

Spent the last few days in Christmas mode.

Probably my favorite part was gaming with my kids...

I got me the Magic boardgame series (battle of the planeswalkers, + expansion set and shadows over innistrad) and we got down to some great miniature gaming. Together these sets allow some great flexibility and creative battles.

Hope y'all had a merry one!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Just watched Sicario, that was a bad ass jam, my wife liked it too. Canadian director, Denis Villeneuve, did the new Blade Runner 2049 movie, I dig the style; so dark.
Watched it too. Good movie. It's on prime if others are interested.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751