Wintertime Hobbies

Speaker to Animals

Re: Wintertime Hobbies

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:08 pm

You never played the bad guys in D&D?

That's your problem. It's fun.

Warlocks. Antipaladins. Necromancers.

Drow. Half-Orcs.

Dragonlance just had the most interesting villains to play, who happened to be humans (unless you wanted to play the draconians, but I don't think those were playable until recently).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:10 pm

I always wanted to play a campaign as drow, to be honest. Surface ops would be interesting when dealing with sunlight and other factors.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Hurr durr what is the Silmilrion? Holy fuck you are pleb tier. Of course Elves, Dwarves and Humans don't like each other but they still gang up against the orcs... or wait.... are orcs even Silmilrion lore friendly? I know they were twisted Elves. But that hardly matters because by the time of the trilogy Sauron literally had to import swarthy foreigners to fill his orc ranks or lend lease that shit to Saruman.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Hurr durr what is the Silmilrion? Holy fuck you are pleb tier. Of course Elves, Dwarves and Humans don't like each other but they still gang up against the orcs... or wait.... are orcs even Silmilrion lore friendly? I know they were twisted Elves. But that hardly matters because by the time of the trilogy Sauron literally had to import swarthy foreigners to fill his orc ranks or lend lease that shit to Saruman.

That's not Dungeons and Dragons.

But if I were playing in the Middle Earth RPG that was out when I was a kid (which was pretty complex, honestly), I'd rather play the dwarves. If I had to choose human, I'd go with Rohan.

The humans that everybody likes (Númenor) were not even playable. By the age that you played at, the only one left was Aragon.

There was a "ranger" class, but I think that was Gondor.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 pm

That's only because middle earth doesn't include Númenoreans. Back to War Hammer with you kiddo.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm

I played the warlock in the new system at a local game about two years ago. The new system is kind of cool. It's more like 2nd edition, but with some of the customization features that came later. Definitely not a video game on paper like 3rd edition. The warlock is pretty fun. Barbarians got a lot of love. Those looked most fun to me after playing it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:That's only because middle earth doesn't include Númenoreans. Back to War Hammer with you kiddo.

I have the book on my shelf. It sure as shit does. You are talking to the dungeon master, son.

Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 pm

>>>/kys/

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:21 am

Next will apply black-green splinter camo.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:44 am