Wintertime Hobbies

Speaker to Animals

Re: Wintertime Hobbies

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:31 pm

apeman wrote:Mine was winter running, too, until my fucking knee started giving me trouble 2 years ago. Used to go out every winter night no matter how horrendous out, listen to a podcast and run 3-5 miles. Often would do this after drinking a beer or two as well, making me the only person to ever do this.

Besides the French army, you mean.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Had to look that up:
The French Army and Wine ... Soldiers were sometimes issued beer, cider, or brandy in lieu of .... to make them able to run in an open field exposed to German machine guns who killed them by dozens
Pretty much.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

How'd you like to be the bombardier/navigator on that bird?
"Sure you'll be laying prone, protected by glass, but your bed also serves as a floatation device."
:pray:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I've also been teaching myself to play the accordion, because accordions are fucking awesome. :D
And you accuse me of being French? j'accuse tu mon ami.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:29 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I've also been teaching myself to play the accordion, because accordions are fucking awesome. :D
And you accuse me of being French? j'accuse tu mon ami.
Mostly polka and Irish jigs, but I have attempted La Vie En Rose a few times.. :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 am

Hey look, it could be worse, at least no one has to listen to you learning to play the bagpipes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:56 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:How'd you like to be the bombardier/navigator on that bird?
"Sure you'll be laying prone, protected by glass, but your bed also serves as a floatation device."
Seriously. Typical mid-30's German engineering weirdness. But the plane looks cool.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Hey look, it could be worse, at least no one has to listen to you learning to play the bagpipes.
The kids love it. It's surprising how much fun it can be to just fool around making noise with them.

they have a tin whistle, toy trumpet, and play drums on anything nearby. The 2-year old has a great sense of rhythm. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:46 pm

de officiis wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:How'd you like to be the bombardier/navigator on that bird?
Seriously. Typical mid-30's German engineering weirdness. But the plane looks cool.

I built one of these ugly beasts (ME 110 night fighter) when I was a kid. It was a real bitch getting all the antennas straight, but I did (accidentally) discover how to fog the canopy. :lol:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "