The Octagon

Haumana

Re: The Octagon

Post by Haumana » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:50 pm

I saw that. Not sure what else to make of it but how you laid it out. Cody talking about moving up to fighting Aldo, Nunes talking about going after the 145 belt. UFC is running amok right now. How about RDA moving up to 170 and being done with the 155 division? Rogan pushing Nick Diaz v McGregor as the biggest money fight out there.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:43 am

Haumana wrote:I saw that. Not sure what else to make of it but how you laid it out.
If I were in the lightweight division I wouldn't want to fight Khabib either, so it is kind of hard to hold that against either Ferguson or McGregor. Fighting Khabib is like fighting Shang Sung, he'll steal your soul.
Haumana wrote:Cody talking about moving up to fighting Aldo,
Woodley talking about moving up to fight Bisping too. I like Aldo and Woodley in both of those theoretical match ups, Aldo by decision and Woodley by early KO/TKO.
Haumana wrote:Nunes talking about going after the 145 belt.
I'd love to see Nunes vs Cyborg someday, Nunes moving to 145 would pave the way for that to happen if Cyborg can keep clean on the PED tip after her inevitable forthcoming suspension.
Haumana wrote:How about RDA moving up to 170 and being done with the 155 division?
He's a massive lightweight who has outgrown the division as his frame has filled out. I don't blame him at all for not wanting to cut the weight anymore, he should still be a pretty big welterweight, he cuts to 155 from around 190. I look forward to the new matchmaking opportunities.
Haumana wrote:Rogan pushing Nick Diaz v McGregor as the biggest money fight out there.
It probably is the biggest money fight out there for McGregor, aside from maybe the trilogy fight with Nate which they continue to hold in their back pocket. I obviously want him to fight Nurmagomedov or Ferguson instead, but they won't sell as well in all likelihood.
*yip*

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Any Robin Black fans?
How did Edison invent the lightbulb? You know what he didn't do? Try to make a better candle.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Haumana wrote:Any Robin Black fans?
How did Edison invent the lightbulb? You know what he didn't do? Try to make a better candle.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least he realizes he was dumb to pick BJ Penn in this fight. "People only look at BJ's last 6 or 7 fights" says the one guy, "six or seven fights? that's a long time, maybe I should change my pick", lulz that shit cracked me up. BJ Penn fans picking with their heart instead of their head, things MMA fans have gotten used to over the years.
*yip*

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:31 pm

StCapps wrote:
At least he realizes he was dumb to pick BJ Penn in this fight. "People only look at BJ's last 6 or 7 fights" says the one guy, "six or seven fights? that's a long time, maybe I should change my pick", lulz that shit cracked me up. BJ Penn fans picking with their heart instead of their head, things MMA fans have gotten used to over the years.
Big Brown did the same. Yair is who I expect will win. But I can't say that I won't be rooting for Penn.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Haumana wrote:Big Brown did the same. Yair is who I expect will win. But I can't say that I won't be rooting for Penn.
I'll be rooting for BJ to not get embarrassed in depressing fashion and I may still yet be disappointed. Rooting for BJ to win will just exacerbate the disappointment that is pretty much inevitable. If he wins it will be like Ortiz upsetting Bader, I won't pretend otherwise.
*yip*

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:08 pm

StCapps wrote:I'll be rooting for BJ to not get embarrassed in depressing fashion and I may still yet be disappointed. Rooting for BJ to win will just exacerbate the disappointment that is pretty much inevitable. If he wins it will be like Ortiz upsetting Bader, I won't pretend otherwise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Fair enough and closer to the truth.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 pm

DC was horrible.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Haumana wrote:DC was horrible.
That Lauzon decision was fucking bullshit, all three judges fucked up scoring that one and it was like the easiest fight to score on the damn card, frontrunner for robbery of the year. If you can't score that fight properly, Lauzon winning the first 10-9 and Held winning the second and third 10-9, then you shouldn't be judging fights in the UFC. Not that those faggot ass judges will likely suffer any repercussions for sucking so badly at their jobs, I'm just saying.

Big John McCarthy needs to be killed in the most torturous way imaginable and then some, what a fucking horrendous stoppage. Greg Jackson and Jason Parillo are fucking pricks for not throwing in the towel in between rounds, BJ never should have went out in the second round he was clearly done. I hate MMA right now, BJ got killed even worse than I could have possibly imagined. I'm fucking disgusted with this sport right now, those last two fight were depressing as fuck.

I can't even muster the energy to hate on DC's ridiculous commentary because my energy needs to be focused entirely on the other horseshit that went down on this card.
:snooty:
*yip*

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:30 pm

I hadn't paid much attention to UFC lately, and had no clue BJ was coming back to fight...

I understand that he probably did it for the money, but that was really dumb of the UFC to do that... I know these fighters think they can come back and compete, they can kick 99.99999999% of humanity's ass, but the UFC needs to be the ones to stop these guys from getting hurt, even if the UFC would get extra viewers for having them back.

Dana knew when Liddell was getting to the point of putting himself in danger of permanent brain injury, and asked him to retire. Dana was close friends with him, so it was easier for him to see it, but he's gotta start thinking that way about the rest of these guys who are nearly 40, with 20 years of fighting and countless knockouts.