The Octagon

Fife

Re: The Octagon

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm

Dude, you can get grappling for, like, $20 per 4 minute rock ballad.

If you are willing to drive over to Knoxville on a weekday, you can prolly get 3 for $40.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm

She wouldn't have to coach a damned thing. All she needs to do is open the gym with her name on it. Set up the programs and occasionally manage the trainers like a celebrity chef manages his signature restaurants.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:She wouldn't have to coach a damned thing. All she needs to do is open the gym with her name on it. Set up the programs and occasionally manage the trainers like a celebrity chef manages his signature restaurants.
"Honda House Judo" for all little tomboys who idolize her. Half decent branding opportunity I suppose, better from that perspective than a real moneymaker though. She got paid so much during her career she won't be hurting for cash that's for sure, she can totally ride off into the sunset financially set for life.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:She wouldn't have to coach a damned thing. All she needs to do is open the gym with her name on it. Set up the programs and occasionally manage the trainers like a celebrity chef manages his signature restaurants.
Dude, she just got knocked the fuck out by some amazon fucker, name of "Nunes." Nobody's clicking that shit. She missed her cash out, happens a million times a day.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:She could start a fight club in a major city, with training classes, and make bank.
Or just a super-premium training gym. There are weekend warriors with more money than sense

I was looking at the UFC gyms in my area. They charge like eighty bucks per session. So if you want to be trained twice a week, you are looking at about $640 per month. I think the gym fee is not included.

They look cool if you have the money. You can choose various styles to focus on. They seem to have fight clubs too where members can fight.

I have been thinking about trying to learn Wing Chun, though. I think it's about $115 per month for twice per week to do that. After a few years maybe go learn some grappling of some kind.
My coworker does Wing Chun and really likes it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:04 pm

Fife wrote:
Dude, she just got knocked the fuck out by some amazon fucker, name of "Nunes." Nobody's clicking that shit. She missed her cash out, happens a million times a day.
Nah, losing didn't take much wind out of her sails the first time and it won't hurt much the second time either. Plenty of little girls would love to learn Judo at a Ronda Rousey branded gym. Ronda will be cashing in for a while yet, whether she retires or not, and I'm pretty sure that's the last time we'll ever see her fight.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:04 pm

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
California wrote: Or just a super-premium training gym. There are weekend warriors with more money than sense

I was looking at the UFC gyms in my area. They charge like eighty bucks per session. So if you want to be trained twice a week, you are looking at about $640 per month. I think the gym fee is not included.

They look cool if you have the money. You can choose various styles to focus on. They seem to have fight clubs too where members can fight.

I have been thinking about trying to learn Wing Chun, though. I think it's about $115 per month for twice per week to do that. After a few years maybe go learn some grappling of some kind.
My coworker does Wing Chun and really likes it

There is a place that teaches northern style kung fu as well. Honestly, that probably would be better for healing my back since they teach Tai Chi as well. I just like Wing Chun better.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:09 pm

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. You kiddin'?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:10 pm

Fife wrote:The bigger they are, the harder they fall. You kiddin'?

Conor McGregor got choked out by Nate Diaz. His stock has only risen since. Seriously losing isn't some major star killer in MMA for mega stars like Conor and Ronda, it's just not the way it works.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Losing a fight isn't the end of the world. Losing lots of fights might be, though.