The Octagon

Ex-California

Re: The Octagon

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:26 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:14 am
seriously, i didnt watch last week so i'm not sure what the latest is on the streaming situation, but before reddit shut them down they were advertising this as their discord https://discordapp.com/invite/fJ2Ge3M and i'm thinking they may be posting streams here now https://saidit.net/s/MMAStreams

good luck
I was using ripple.is last night with moderate success in the beginning of the fight, it got overloaded by the time the good stuff started.

/r/mmastream and /r/ufc_stream_ had another link that I was using but there were not the options /r/MMASteams used to have. However, I still got to see everything I wanted. All of the clips are up on /r/mma this morning. I wish I wouldn't have gone to bed after the Ferguson-Cowboy fight because Svenko's KO of Eye was fucking amazing

https://streamja.com/bR1d
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Back to back KO of the year frontrunners within 7 days. Head kicks all the rage.
*yip*

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:32 am

Jorge! He would have killed Askren if there wasn't a ref. What bets did you have Capps? BIL was there as a guest of the Golden Snitch. Airfare was too much for me to go.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:51 am

Haumana wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:32 am
Jorge! He would have killed Askren if there wasn't a ref. What bets did you have Capps? BIL was there as a guest of the Golden Snitch. Airfare was too much for me to go.
I had no bets, too many big favorites and the underdogs who won didn't give me an opportunity to bet them before they won, tried to hop on Blachowicz once I realized Rockhold was washed up, but couldn't do it in time. Rockhold is a shot fighter, left his chin and athleticism on the floor at AKA, just like Cain. AKA gym wars and constant injuries take their toll, who knew?

KO of the year has been decided, in a year with fierce competition as well, ain't nothing topping that. Gamebred even pulls the Stone Cold and gets down on his hands and knees and yells at Askren's unconscious face, even does the one-two-three count, fucking savage. Don't talk shit to Jorge, bad things will happen to you.
https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/statu ... 8722380801
*yip*

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:00 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:51 am
I had no bets, too many big favorites and the underdogs who won didn't give me an opportunity to bet them before they won, tried to hop on Blachowicz once I realized Rockhold was washed up, but couldn't do it in time. Rockhold is a shot fighter, left his chin and athleticism on the floor at AKA, just like Cain. AKA gym wars and constant injuries take their toll, who knew?

KO of the year has been decided, in a year with fierce competition as well, ain't nothing topping that. Gamebred even pulls the Stone Cold and gets down on his hands and knees and yells at Askren's unconscious face, even does the one-two-three count, fucking savage. Don't talk shit to Jorge, bad things will happen to you.
Melendez, Rockhold and Holm should all retire. Nothing more that they can or need to prove. Askren too, truth be told. None of them will ever be champion and that is their stated goal or bust. #busted

Yadong, Shahbazyan and Allen have my interest piqued for future contests. Young bloods.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:27 am

Haumana wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:00 am
Melendez, Rockhold and Holm should all retire. Nothing more that they can or need to prove. Askren too, truth be told. None of them will ever be champion and that is their stated goal or bust. #busted
Melendez especially, there was zero need to come back and be a punching bag for Arnold Allen, he should have been UFC lightweight champion, but judges absolutely robbed him against Henderson. Just retire Giblert, for good this time.

Rockhold and Holm should retire if they don't want to be gatekeepers, Rockhold especially due to his being shot with no chin and shit defense other than being so far away he can't be hit. Holm can still beat some good fighters, if she's okay with not being champ upon further reflection she should hang around if she still wants to fight.

Askren's style is such that at the top of welterweight he's going to take damage on the feet against anyone good, so he might want to get out before too much damage accumulates, luckily for him he's only really been in two such fights his entire career.
Haumana wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:00 am
Yadong, Shahbazyan and Allen have my interest piqued for future contests. Young bloods.
Especially Song Yadong and Arnold Allen, I think they both have top 10 potential. A little worried about how Yadong started fighting at 16 and is six years into his career at 21, guys who do that tend to fall off earlier, and age way quicker. Aldo staved that off better than most who start that young, but he's only in his early thirties (32) and had clearly lost a step before he turned 30.

Still Yadong looked pretty damn polished for 21 year old, but six years in is usually where fighters stop making the big improvement leaps, and move into the incremental improvement phase where they basically are what they are and just refine their game from there. Six years in, Aldo was already the best featherweight in the world for instance, and the mold was set.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 am

StCapps wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Holy shit

I really like this 360 Angle though. Askren was trying to shoot like a wrestler and had his head way further down than it ever should be
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:44 am

California wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:39 am
StCapps wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Holy shit

I really like this 360 Angle though. Askren was trying to shoot like a wrestler and had his head way further down than it ever should be
According to King Mo, Masvidal said that was how he was going to open the fight. Mo asked him how he was going to set it up, and Jorge was like "Just got to get him to shoot like he usually does to most opponents who charge right at him, that's his natural instinct as a wrestler", they practiced it a few times and Mo was like "alright, that could work". Gamebred is a smart muthafuckah.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:45 am

yeah that KO was wild, masvidal did the same shit in the fight against darren till, rushed em at the opening bell but last time he kicked him in the dick lol

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:08 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:44 am
According to King Mo, Masvidal said that was how he was going to open the fight. Mo asked him how he was going to set it up, and Jorge was like "Just got to get him to shoot like he usually does to most opponents who charge right at him, that's his natural instinct as a wrestler", they practiced it a few times and Mo was like "alright, that could work". Gamebred is a smart muthafuckah.
Poirier said he had dinner with Masvidal and Mikey Brown the night before the fight and they told him that Masvidal was going to open with that and showed him a video of Masvidal practicing that exact maneuver.

https://twitter.com/DustinPoirier/statu ... 6043022336