The Octagon

StCapps

Re: The Octagon

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 pm

adwinistrator wrote:I understand that he probably did it for the money
No he didn't. Dude is loaded, he in no way needed the money. Just makes it even sadder that he would even attempt a comeback. The UFC, his trainers and the Arizona Athletic Commission are all assholes for letting him even try against any kind of contender. Disgusting.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 pm

loaded
Oh yeah that meme. It doesn't matter how much money you earned dood. If you have low agency you will still be about as broke as me on paper.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:47 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
loaded
Oh yeah that meme. It doesn't matter how much money you earned dood. If you have low agency you will still be about as broke as me on paper.
Penn's family is rich, Jay Dee Penn Jr. comes from money son, he was rich before he ever stepped in the Octagon, he never needed the money and he doesn't need it now. He did not blow all of his cash, he's set for life and so are his children. Noob fight fan who doesn't know shit about BJ Penn is talking like I'm the one talking out of my ass, that's a good one.
:lol:
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:55 pm

I'm actually not a fan. I give fuck all for egg ball or brain damaged negro sphere crashing into each other. I was simply making a statement regarding athletes and their notoriousness for being bad with money.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm actually not a fan. I give fuck all for egg ball or brain damaged negro sphere crashing into each other. I was simply making a statement regarding athletes and their notoriousness for being bad with money.
Right well that statement is irrelevant in the context of Penn as he is trust fund baby type wealthy and these folks aren't notorious for being bad with money, just the opposite. BJ Penn didn't come back for the cash homie, bet that.

Kind of surprised you're not into MMA nuke, seems like that shit is right up your alley and I find it unlikely that you find people kicking the shit out of each other to be boring. Doesn't seem very nukedog-like to me, could be wrong though.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 am

Nuke is an undercover intellectual. He's read Chaucer and shit. :ugeek:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Nuke is an undercover intellectual. He's read Chaucer and shit. :ugeek:
Chaucer strikes me as a dude who would have liked MMA too.
*yip*

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:37 am

StCapps wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:I understand that he probably did it for the money
No he didn't. Dude is loaded, he in no way needed the money. Just makes it even sadder that he would even attempt a comeback. The UFC, his trainers and the Arizona Athletic Commission are all assholes for letting him even try against any kind of contender. Disgusting.
You're right, I forgot his family's got money. That's pretty much how he got started, I mean, how many young guys get to move to another state, 100% supported by their father, to train BJJ with a Gracie.

The point I was getting at, is all these older fighters, many of which will have money problems, or just want to get some extra cash, are willing to sacrifice their health. Dana and the UFC need to wipe the dollar signs from their eyes and really consider if they want to end up with their brain trauma poster-boy who can barely string together a sentence.

I can remember when everyone was so terrified of the "brutal gladiator sport", and how much time and effort it took to get MMA legitimized, to the point where it's common knowledge that boxing is more likely to cause brain injury (tons more punches with softer gloves is worse than less punches with harder gloves, on average). We've had some guys come close to that wall, the UFC has to make sure not to lose sight of it.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 am

adwinistrator wrote:The point I was getting at, is all these older fighters, many of which will have money problems, or just want to get some extra cash, are willing to sacrifice their health. Dana and the UFC need to wipe the dollar signs from their eyes and really consider if they want to end up with their brain trauma poster-boy who can barely string together a sentence.

I can remember when everyone was so terrified of the "brutal gladiator sport", and how much time and effort it took to get MMA legitimized, to the point where it's common knowledge that boxing is more likely to cause brain injury (tons more punches with softer gloves is worse than less punches with harder gloves, on average). We've had some guys come close to that wall, the UFC has to make sure not to lose sight of it.
I'm with you man, I never want to see BJ fight again, that shit was traumatizing. The UFC can't allow him back again, no commission should license him against any opponent who isn't a complete can even on the regional scene, and his trainers need to stop deluding him about the possibility of a comeback. He is completely shot and has been for a while, he needs to retire and never should have come out of retirement. It wasn't even a good tune up fight for Yair, it was a depressing farce.
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:20 pm

hockey sucks