RIP

DrYouth

Re: RIP

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:59 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Leftists are desperate to drag their detractors to the bottom of the crab bucket of their own manufacturing.
Are you getting outraged Strangelove?

I just thought SilverEagle was veering offcourse... a gentle course correction is what I am inviting.

I mean the SJW tropes are ridiculous of course... I fully support appropriate ridicule of SJW outrage...
I have to deal with it daily... it is rampant in the circles I live in... and I am as sick of it as most anyone...

That being said countering outrage with outrage is also tiresome.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:11 am

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Leftists are desperate to drag their detractors to the bottom of the crab bucket of their own manufacturing.
Are you getting outraged Strangelove?

I just thought SilverEagle was veering offcourse... a gentle course correction is what I am inviting.

I mean the SJW tropes are ridiculous of course... I fully support appropriate ridicule of SJW outrage...
I have to deal with it daily... it is rampant in the circles I live in... and I am as sick of it as most anyone...

That being said countering outrage with outrage is also tiresome.

This post serves as an example of how PC culture operates. Political correctness began in the Soviet Union as a means to control thoughts and ideas. It frames all dissent as beyond the bounds of acceptable conversation. SJWs operate explicitly in this fashion, trying to punish people who dissent from cultural Marxist ideology in any way. They seek to make people afraid to speak their minds for fear of losing jobs or even loved ones.to accomplish this they exploit society's sense of decency and politeness by cranking up the fake outrage in order to elicit social capitulation to their demands.

When we discuss what they do, and express disapproval of this nasty behavior, people like DrY come along to accuse us of doing the exact same thing as SJWs. Which is totally untrue.wanting to discuss something is not the same as wanting to control language, thoughts, and ideas, and trying to control what topics are acceptable to discuss.

Indeed, what DrY just did is similar to what SJWs do in that he seeks to silence discussion about topics he does not want discussed. He recognizes that most of society grows tired of boorish SJW behavior, and instead of using fake outrage to control speech (which obviously no longer works), he attempts to frame even acknowledging and discussing cultural marxism itself as cultural marxism in the hopes that we will not discuss cultra marxism.

Poor tactic. Marxists are losing.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: When we discuss what they do, and express disapproval of this nasty behavior, people like DrY come along to accuse us of doing the exact same thing as SJWs. Which is totally untrue. wanting to discuss something is not the same as wanting to control language, thoughts, and ideas, and trying to control what topics are acceptable to discuss.

Indeed, what DrY just did is similar to what SJWs do in that he seeks to silence discussion about topics he does not want discussed. He recognizes that most of society grows tired of boorish SJW behavior, and instead of using fake outrage to control speech (which obviously no longer works), he attempts to frame even acknowledging and discussing cultural marxism itself as cultural marxism in the hopes that we will not discuss cultra marxism.

Poor tactic. Marxists are losing.
Not at all Strangelove... I want to discuss this topic!

I have learned more about the phenomenon of the SJW from this forum than anywhere else.
It has been enlightening to me and I have expressed this often.

I feel a freedom and an openness to the phenomenon of Donald Trump that I could never have if not for what I have learned on the DCF.

That being said inviting Stalinesque purges of SJWs is simply fighting hyperbole with hyperbole. And DrY steps in to contain the enthusiasm of the counterrevolutionists just as I would to challenge any SJW enthousiasm in this forum... although I rarely need to cause y'all do a pretty good job of that! ;)

While the forum is refreshing, the counter insurgency against SJWs, like all counter revolutions can have it's own excesses.
Last edited by DrYouth on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:46 am

Barbara Tarbuck, the busy actress who played Lady Jane Jacks on General Hospital for more than a decade and recently appeared on American Horror Story, has died. She was 74.

Tarbuck died Monday at her home in Los Angeles of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, her daughter, Jennifer Lane Connolly, told The Hollywood Reporter. Connolly is a producer on the recent documentary A Classy Broad, about the pioneering Hollywood producer Marcia Nasatir.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/b ... spartanntp

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 am

Umberto Echo passed away this year and I don't know if it was ever posted on the DCF's RIP thread but here it is, just in case he was forgotten about:
The revered literary critic, author and essayist – most famous for 1980 novel The Name of the Rose – had been suffering from cancer

The celebrated Italian intellectual Umberto Eco, who shot to fame with his 1980 novel The Name of the Rose, has been remembered as a master of Italian culture after his death at the age of 84.

Eco died on Friday night after suffering from cancer, prompting tributes to pour in for the esteemed writer.

He was “an extraordinary example of a European intellectual, combining unique intelligence of the past with a limitless capacity to anticipate the future”, said Italy’s prime minister, Matteo Renzi. “It’s an enormous loss for culture, which will miss his writing and voice, his sharp and lively thought, and his humanity,” Renzi told the Ansa news agency.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/ ... es-aged-84

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:52 am

SAVONA - E 'died last night in a clinic of Pavia, where he was hospitalized for a long time, William Salice for years one of the closest teamed Michele Ferrero, the father of Nutella. Ferrero, which he joined in 1960, had contributed to the launch of various products, including the Ovetto Kinder. To those who pointed out as the creator dell'ovetto, he replied: "The inventor is Ferrero I am the perpetrator".
http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2016/1 ... 90121/?rss

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 am

LONDON (AP) — Ferdy Kuebler, who came back from injury and the interruption of World War II to win the 1950 Tour de France, has died. He was 97.

The Swiss won an epic battle with French rider Louison Bobet in the 1950 race, and became world champion the following year.

Andre Haefliger, the chief reporter at Swiss magazine Schweizer Illustrierte, said from Kuebler's home in Switzerland on Friday that he could confirm the death on behalf of Kuebler's widow, Christina. Kuebler died Thursday at a Zurich hospital. He had been suffering from a cold.
https://apnews.com/9d58b9a5d03943cbbb8f5af0feb10b59

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:54 am

Athlete, Educator, Civil Rights Activist, Public Servant, Dad. RIP Cyril DeGrasse Tyson b. Oct 19, 1927 — d. Dec 29, 2016.
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/81 ... 69?lang=en

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:55 am

You might not know Robert Hulseman by name but there is a good chance you've held his invention. The red Solo Cup is the go-to drinking vessel for picnics, parties and keggers.

Hulseman, who invented the cup, died last week at the age of 84, The Associated Press reported on Thursday.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... paign=news

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:56 am

Pan Pan, the world's oldest male panda has died in China aged 31, six months after being diagnosed with cancer.

His more than 130 descendants account for a quarter of the world's captive-bred panda population.

Born in the wild in Sichuan in China, he was taken into captivity when he was just a few months old.

The world's oldest female panda is currently 36-year-old Basi, who also lives in China, after Jia Jia died aged 38 in Hong Kong in October.

Wild pandas usually live to about 20.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-38466409