RIP

Smitty-48

Re: RIP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:09 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:59 am
Is it possible that they were just dickheads to everybody? Why do you say it was an anti-military thing?
That is certainly plausible.

But this was in Toronto back in the days when the military was not popular as it is now, specially not in Toronto.

9/11 and Afghanistan completely changed how the military is viewed by the public here.

Nobody was thanking us for our service in those days, the military had a bad image with the public at the time.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:54 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:46 pm
Hastur is going to get up soon and tell us off again for 3 pages of off topic posts.
Fuck Rush and the sneering Canadian leftist horse they rode in on.
I'm not heavily invested in Rush. I like a couple of their tracks and have listened to some interviews.
If Smitty says they're assholes I will take his word for it. Fuck 'em.
Canada is to much like Sweden. Makes me depressed.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 pm

Hastur wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:41 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:54 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:46 pm
Hastur is going to get up soon and tell us off again for 3 pages of off topic posts.
Fuck Rush and the sneering Canadian leftist horse they rode in on.
I'm not heavily invested in Rush. I like a couple of their tracks and have listened to some interviews.
If Smitty says they're assholes I will take his word for it. Fuck 'em.
Canada is to much like Sweden. Makes me depressed.
Stabbed in the back by the Liberal elites in their ivory towers in Toronto.

All Canadian art celebrities are just apparatchiks for the Liberal Party of Canada de facto one party state.

I still like Wayne Gretzky, but he's basically an American now.

Wayne is a conservative, which in Canada now, makes him a ZOMG White Supremacist

Canada is loonie tunes, it's like America run by the Democrats, with no opposition.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 pm
Canada is loonie tunes, it's like America run by the Democrats, with no opposition.
Oh Indeed. Well put.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:41 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Oh Indeed. Well put.
It's all about the free money party and the central banks.

This is what moral hazard looks like.

It's not just about money, moral hazard incites decadence, this then degenerates into theater of the absurd.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Does having the world's first blackface president count for nothing?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:41 pm
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Oh Indeed. Well put.

It's not just about money, moral hazard incites decadence, this then degenerates into theater of the absurd.
How do you think it got this way? I mean America has managed to avoid a lot of these loony left policies being put into action (compared to Europe and the rest of the world). We are right next door to you? Why do you think that Canada went so commie?

I have read convincing arguments that the UK and much of Europe got on the govt's tit because of WW2. The wartime economy transitioned into peace. That Beveridge book about Command economies was really popular at the end of the war. Hitler even had it in his bunker. Then you have the Atlee new Jerusalem commanding heights etc.

You have said that the US got its boshie shit from France, which seems to be the case.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:50 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Oh Indeed. Well put.

How do you think it got this way? I mean America has managed to avoid a lot of these loony left policies being put into action (compared to Europe and the rest of the world). We are right next door to you? Why do you think that Canada went so commie?
The difference is the constitution, the Canadian constitution simply does not constrain the state at all.

Canada is the epitome of big government nanny state run amok.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

The difference is the constitution, the Canadian constitution simply does not constrain the state at all.

You have said before that sometimes it is strategic to let your enemy take command for awhile. Give him enough rope to hang himself etc. Like how Thatcher rescued the UK after the commie "Winter of Discontent." Do you think eventually the Canadian govt will go too far and alienate the pop? Causing them to go to the right?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:21 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:18 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 pm
heydaralon wrote:

You have said before that sometimes it is strategic to let your enemy take command for awhile. Give him enough rope to hang himself etc. Like how Thatcher rescued the UK after the commie "Winter of Discontent." Do you think eventually the Canadian govt will go too far and alienate the pop? Causing them to go to the right?
It's not that they will go too far, it's just that this free money party from the central banks won't last.

Once Canadians have to pay the actual price of things, they will be forced to be conservative.

The public is unserious, because they haven't been handed the bill yet.
Nec Aspera Terrent