RIP

Montegriffo

Re: RIP

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm

You'll have to settle for the ultimate victory of outliving him then.
My girlfriend was saving me from myself.

It's like one night a couple of my troops got into it with some guy on the street, and they killed him.

You don't realize your own strength at that age, with the unarmed combat training on top.
Sounds like you could have done with an actual war to fight so you could use all that testosterone without having to take it out on mouthy civilians.
What happened to the two troops?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:50 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 pm

You'll have to settle for the ultimate victory of outliving him then.
My girlfriend was saving me from myself.

It's like one night a couple of my troops got into it with some guy on the street, and they killed him.

You don't realize your own strength at that age, with the unarmed combat training on top.
Sounds like you could have done with an actual war to fight so you could use all that testosterone without having to take it out on mouthy civilians.
What happened to the two troops?
I separated warfighting and hooliganism into two separate categories.

I had simply grown up with British ex pats, English and Scots.

So I adopted their ways, which was "send out your man".

When I went to the United Kingdom, I was ready, but it's quite a bit more rough in the UK than in Canader.

You might get shot by a gangster in Canader, but in terms of street fights, it's not Glasgow.

The two troops went to jail for second degree murder.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Trouble isn't hard to find if you go looking for it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:12 pm
Toronto is not that bad in terms of street fights, Toronto has a gangster problem, but hooliganism, not so much.

In the United Kingdom, hooliganism was like a war.

I got slashed with a straight razor in Scotland, I didn't even notice until I got a few blocks away.

Then I looked down and saw I was bleeding like a stuck pig, that was a bit of a shock.

He didn't even get me that good, more of a flesh wound, but at the sight of all that blood, I was in shock.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:27 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Toronto is not that bad in terms of street fights, Toronto has a gangster problem, but hooliganism, not so much.

I got slashed with a straight razor in Scotland, I didn't even notice until I got a few blocks away.

Then I looked down and saw I was bleeding like a stuck pig, that was a bit of a shock.

He didn't even get me that good, more of a flesh wound, but at the sight of all that blood, I was in shock.
Scotland doesn't necessarily represent the rest of the UK. Especially Glasgow.
I've not had to fight anyone since I was in School.
I've never gone looking for trouble though...

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Probably a Stanley knife rather than a razor. Stanleys are the preferred weapon of the football hooligan and street thug.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:27 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Scotland doesn't necessarily represent the rest of the UK. Especially Glasgow.
I've not had to fight anyone since I was in School.
I've never gone looking for trouble though...
You couldn't go out with the Jocks and avoid trouble, if they didn't fight with the civvies, they'd fight with each other.

The Teuchters would fight with the Wegians, it was the eternal battle between Highlands and Lowlands.

Back then you couldn't even put two Scots regiments into a camp with each other, because of the fights.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 pm
Probably a Stanley knife rather than a razor. Stanleys are the preferred weapon of the football hooligan and street thug.
Nah, I saw him pull it out, it was a straight razor, just like in a barber shop.

I didn't think he got me tho, I thought I dodged it, but it's so sharp, you don't feel it at first.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:42 pm

It's like I ran, he had a razor, I had nothing, so I took off as fast as my feet could carry me.

Which was very fast back then, I could run like the wind.

All I felt was an itch, he got me across the stomach, it was burning, so I went to scratch at the itch.

When I did, I felt the gash he had made, I lifted up my shirt, and I was bleeding all down my front.

Then I went into shock, just at the sight of it.

The British Army medics said it was "just a scratch" when they stapled it up, but it definitely shocked me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:46 pm

Hastur is going to get up soon and tell us off again for 3 pages of off topic posts.