Re: RIP

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:14 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am

Nonsense. I don’t shit on soldiers, but I don’t pretend they’re superheroes either. Worshipping the government kill squad in every public event is disgusting to me. Throwing all that money and sacrifice at protecting corporate interests is equally disgusting.

As for the soldiers themselves, you made the bargain of your own will. You signed up for a dangerous job, and I pay for your lifetime of medical and pension. Deal completed. If you’re unhappy with it, or need to be treated like a superhero, that’s your own baggage.

Setting yourself apart into Special Club isn’t helping anyone see you as a regular fellow citizen either. Special Club can have Special Meetings and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
I'm not asking for any quarter from you, bring it on, but you can eat shit and die for all I care, motherfucker.
Why exactly? Because I don’t treat you like a special hero? You signed the contract, bud. You got the bennies, you invaded Iraq or some other shithole for Exxon. Good job?

I don’t dislike the military. I’m just not head of the fan club. And I’m plenty sick of kids coming back fucked up and looking for fights.
Again, I'm not asking anything of you, you can say as you please about us, you can blame us for everything, the Boomers, the Soldiers, whoever, shit all over us, that is your right, just don't ask me to be your buddy after, because that's not how it works.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:14 am

I'm not asking for any quarter from you, bring it on, but you can eat shit and die for all I care, motherfucker.
Why exactly? Because I don’t treat you like a special hero? You signed the contract, bud. You got the bennies, you invaded Iraq or some other shithole for Exxon. Good job?

I don’t dislike the military. I’m just not head of the fan club. And I’m plenty sick of kids coming back fucked up and looking for fights.
Again, I'm not asking anything of you, you can say as you please about us, you can blame us for everything, the Boomers, the Soldiers, whoever, shit all over us, that is your right, just don't ask me to be your buddy after, because that's not how it works.
There is literally zero shitting in my comments. But note your own reaction to not getting Special Status.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

There is literally zero shitting in my comments. But note your own reaction to not getting Special Status.
I get special status from my brothers in arms and they get that from me, it's all about us and those like us, it has nothing to do with you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 am

Like I say, there's only one guy here who was not a soldier who is none the less my brother in arms, and that's Capps.

Capps is a made guy with me, Corso Italia. Omerta.

So Capps could cut me to the quick if he wanted, but other civvies here, they got no juice.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 am
Like I say, there's only one guy here who was not a soldier who is none the less my brother in arms, and that's Capps.

So Capps could cut me to the quick if he wanted, but other civvies here, they got no juice.
Meh, honestly if I can care less about what people think of me online. I have a son, a wife, and I live a day at a time just trying to make ends meat. People get too emotional online, others take it too far.

I respect a few people, others I can do without, but we take the good with the bad.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:21 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Meh, honestly if I can care less about what people think of me online. I have a son, a wife, and I live a day at a time just trying to make ends meat. People get too emotional online, others take it too far.

I respect a few people, others I can do without, but we take the good with the bad.
I take it all in stride, it's a forum, it's like an arena, this is the place where people can fight, and nobody gets hurt, so it's fine if people attack me, I just reserve the right to get my shots in too.

Like if someone is hater stalking me, they shouldn't expect any quarter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:21 am
The Conservative wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I take it all in stride, it's a forum, it's like an arena, this is the place where people can fight, and nobody gets hurt, so it's fine if people attack me, I just reserve the right to get my shots in too.

Exactly. Stop shying away from arguments, iron sharpens iron in here, it's not like in prizefighting where you can take it too far and shorten your prime, your career, and your earning potential through physical injuries. Hurt feelings ain't shit, embrace the ball busting, it's all in good fun, don't take it personally, ain't no one getting hurt.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Exactly. Stop shying away from arguments, iron sharpens iron in here, it's not like in prizefighting where you can take it too far and shorten your prime, your career, and your earning potential through physical injuries. Hurt feelings ain't shit, embrace the ball busting, it's all in good fun, don't take it personally.
Sometimes its not even meant as an attack per se, for example when I call Grumpy a stupid asshole, that's just my honest opinion of him, I think he's stupid, and an asshole, but it's not meant to harm him, it's just my view of him.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:30 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 am
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Exactly. Stop shying away from arguments, iron sharpens iron in here, it's not like in prizefighting where you can take it too far and shorten your prime, your career, and your earning potential through physical injuries. Hurt feelings ain't shit, embrace the ball busting, it's all in good fun, don't take it personally.
Sometimes its not even meant as an attack per se, for example when I call Grumpy a stupid asshole, that's just my honest opinion of him, I think he's stupid, and an asshole, but it's not meant to harm him, it's just my view of him.
Hell I wasn't even close to half the poster I was when I was when walked into the DCF nearly a decade ago, getting my ass kicked in arguments and ball busting on the regular turned me into the machine you see today. You don't see gains like that by avoid good arguments and crying foul when people hand my ass to me, whether in an substantive argument, or in verbal jousting, I simply give them dap and steal their best shit.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:30 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 am
StCapps wrote:
Hell I wasn't even close to half the poster I was when I was when walked into the DCF nearly a decade ago, getting my ass kicked in arguments and ball busting on the regular got turned me into the machine you see today. You don't see gains like that by avoid good arguments and crying foul when people hand my ass to me in ball busting exchange, I simply give them dap and steal their best shit.
The DCF was the first and only social media I ever participated in. I had no idea what the internet was all about, I remember saying to Carlin early on: "WTF?!"

He was the one who schooled me, told me that's just how it is, you have to fight your own battles and deal with it rhetorically somehow.
Nec Aspera Terrent