Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:34 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:31 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:18 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:15 am

I'm not talking about you.
We're cool. You went too far in the war but you're a soldier, fighting to win is what you do. I'm in hospitality, I like to bring people together around a table to eat drink and be merry.
I bear no grudge against you, there's only one irredeemable person on here AFAIC.
I'd be happy to have you over for a meal if you were in the neighbourhood.
Same with most people here. You'd have to bring your own whiskey though, can't stand the stuff. Vintage port is my tipple.
I have no grudge against you neither, you're an old school Englishman, I figure you're tough enough to take the ribbing, you know the British Army, Big Boys Rules.
Soldiers are people too, I take them on face value. Some are arseholes but most are not. I'm not giving them carte blanche just because they've served but I'm not holding it against them either.
You weren't a soldier. It's a brotherhood, American soldiers are my brothers, I know Clubby would put his life on the line for me, just because I am a brother, you civilians will never know what it's like.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Re: RIP

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:36 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:03 am

Fair enough, but Grumpy calls me a Boomer when I am Gen X, so he gets a shot in the mouth for that, until he knocks it off, fuckin' Millennial cockroach.

You wanna be Millennial poster boy who keeps calling me out? Take your lumps then.
Well he's not a Millennial so you both need to knock it off.
He's a genuine guy though, wears his heart on his sleeve. That's no foul in my book.
I wear my heart on my sleeve too, I'm a genuine guy too, I'm not playing a character, I am Smitty, Smitty is me, always was.

None the less, as Capps says, Grumpy likes to throw bombs, so let him take what he gives, it's not like Grumpy shows anybody any respect nor quarter.
Nor does he complain when anyone fights back. Going after his family is fighting dirty though. That's bringing a knife to a fist fight.
I'm not so tolerant of fighting dirty, Queensbury rules or fuck off.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:36 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 am

Well he's not a Millennial so you both need to knock it off.
He's a genuine guy though, wears his heart on his sleeve. That's no foul in my book.
I wear my heart on my sleeve too, I'm a genuine guy too, I'm not playing a character, I am Smitty, Smitty is me, always was.

None the less, as Capps says, Grumpy likes to throw bombs, so let him take what he gives, it's not like Grumpy shows anybody any respect nor quarter.
Nor does he complain when anyone fights back. Going after his family is fighting dirty though. That's bringing a knife to a fist fight.
I'm not so tolerant of fighting dirty, Queensbury rules or fuck off.
Made guy is made guy, Clubby calls his own shots, I'm not his keeper, but I am his brother, never going to throw him under the bus, it's an honor code, he's made his bones, for life.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Nor does he complain when anyone fights back.
He does that all the time, basically any time he's losing a shit talking exchange. You do it too, y'all losing a shit talking exchange is called "fighting dirty", but if you get the better of it, then you fought totally clean.

Obvious bullshit is obvious.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:47 am

StCapps wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 am
Montegriffo wrote:
He does that all the time, basically any time he's losing a shit talking exchange. You do it too, y'all losing a shit talking exchange is called "fighting dirty", but if you get the better of it, then you fought totally clean.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:47 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:47 am
StCapps wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Some opinions are better than other's dude.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 am

Yeah well, there's nothing quite so meaningless as a self-declared victory.
Don't suppose you'll ever learn that though./shrug

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:13 am
Also, Grumpy has total contempt for the military, he shits on the military with glee.

Fair enough, that's his right, but that's a two way street, the troops will hit back
Nonsense. I don’t shit on soldiers, but I don’t pretend they’re superheroes either. Worshipping the government kill squad in every public event is disgusting to me. Throwing all that money and sacrifice at protecting corporate interests is equally disgusting.

As for the soldiers themselves, you made the bargain of your own will. You signed up for a dangerous job, and I pay for your lifetime of medical and pension. Deal completed. If you’re unhappy with it, or need to be treated like a superhero, that’s your own baggage.

Setting yourself apart into Special Club isn’t helping anyone see you as a regular fellow citizen either. Special Club can have Special Meetings and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:14 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Also, Grumpy has total contempt for the military, he shits on the military with glee.

Fair enough, that's his right, but that's a two way street, the troops will hit back
Nonsense. I don’t shit on soldiers, but I don’t pretend they’re superheroes either. Worshipping the government kill squad in every public event is disgusting to me. Throwing all that money and sacrifice at protecting corporate interests is equally disgusting.

As for the soldiers themselves, you made the bargain of your own will. You signed up for a dangerous job, and I pay for your lifetime of medical and pension. Deal completed. If you’re unhappy with it, or need to be treated like a superhero, that’s your own baggage.

Setting yourself apart into Special Club isn’t helping anyone see you as a regular fellow citizen either. Special Club can have Special Meetings and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
I'm not asking for any quarter from you, bring it on, but you can eat shit and die for all I care, motherfucker.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:14 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

I'm not asking for any quarter from you, bring it on, but you can eat shit and die for all I care, motherfucker.
Why exactly? Because I don’t treat you like a special hero? You signed the contract, bud. You got the bennies, you invaded Iraq or some other shithole for Exxon. Good job?

I don’t dislike the military. I’m just not head of the fan club. And I’m plenty sick of kids coming back fucked up and looking for fights.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0