Origin Stories - Where did you get politics?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Origin Stories - Where did you get politics?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:29 pm

DrYouth wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: The changing demographics are going to turn the Republican Party into a de facto "Party for White People," and the best thing to do is to try and operate within those constraints to shape a future for white people.
See what I can't figure out is why a future for white people shouldn't also work out for brown/yellow/red/black people...

There is such a thing as win-win.

The logic of economics all hinges mutual prosperity... the better they do... the more of our stuff they buy... the more taxes go to the state and vice/versa.
Because it goes against millenia of tribal instincts and Us vs. Them motivations. I can see the validity of that, because we really aren't motivated to do much of anything for strangers, other than ease immediate suffering.

My politics are most definitely my own. Mom isn't really involved, but probably falls into the 'weeping liberal' category. She came from old money, and hasn't really had to struggle much, outside of her own head. Dad is a true Red conservative, raised in Chicago (figure that one out). He's a self-made bigshot, and adopted every bit of the hardcore Conservative ideology, but is a staunch atheist. I was raised in a super-religious environment until I was 11 - Dad was a preacher, then they got a divorce and said "fuck it" to religion.

That kind of upheaval tends to create a very independent thinker, and that's my main MO. You won't fit me in a box, even though I'm always shoved into full-on Marxist Commie Cat around here. :lol:
If I had to describe my views, they'd be extremely anti-authoritarian, and otherwise quite issue-driven. I don't have an ideology that fits into either designated box.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:12 pm

This is fast becoming my favorite thread.

Who hasn't spilled yet?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Montegriffo wrote:In another weird parallel I left home at 17 too.
+1. It must be the official coming-of-age for this forum.
:royalty-queen:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:That kind of upheaval tends to create a very independent thinker, and that's my main MO. You won't fit me in a box, even though I'm always shoved into full-on Marxist Commie Cat around here. :lol:
If I had to describe my views, they'd be extremely anti-authoritarian, and otherwise quite issue-driven. I don't have an ideology that fits into either designated box.
Dude, over on DCF, you reflected everything x10. Since you've been here, you've been a Liberalist.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 am

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:That kind of upheaval tends to create a very independent thinker, and that's my main MO. You won't fit me in a box, even though I'm always shoved into full-on Marxist Commie Cat around here. :lol:
Dude, over on DCF, you reflected everything x10. Since you've been here, you've been a Liberalist.
You had me foed for months. I doubt that you really ever read what I was saying.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:30 am

We don't really need Hashy to spill it.
This forum is a monument to his internet spill.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:22 pm

DrYouth wrote:We don't really need Hashy to spill it.
This forum is a monument to his internet spill.
True 'nuff.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change