Jobs

Xenophon

Re: Jobs

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Congratulations Monte!

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:00 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:So what's your position there? I expect a room for 4 to be available when I arrive with the family.
No bedrooms I'm afraid, upstairs is all lovely oak panelled rooms with uneven floors which are for functions and private dining.
Plenty of medieval, timber framed holiday cottages in the area for accommodation though. http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/ ... 22136.html
This 16th century cottage is near the farm and about a mile from St Peters.
Although at 6'2" you could bump your head a lot on all the low beams

Huh, reading the blurb I found this which I didn't know before,
. St Michael South Elmham is a Thankful Village (or Blessed Village) which is a settlement where all members of the armed forces survived World War I. St Michael is one of only fourteen villages in England and Wales which are known as “Doubly Thankful” as it didn’t lose anyone in World War II either.
I am going to be running the kitchen so expect roasted venison,fish and chips and steak and ale pies with traditional English puddings so you could end up with a spotted dick if you'd like one.....
Last edited by Montegriffo on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Xenophon wrote:Congratulations Monte!
Thanks Xenophon, it's about time I went back to work I've had about 5 weeks off and am running out of cash.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Congratulations Monte! That place looks awesome!
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 pm

California wrote:Congratulations Monte! That place looks awesome!
Cheers AB, Yeah it's a great building and location. Not the first 13th century place I've worked as I spent a while at an old Inn in Norwich which was a similar age but not as grand. I also worked in a 15th century merchant's hall in the city which had a crypted roof in the kitchen which was pretty cool.
There are still a huge amount of ancient buildings in the UK, many of which are run as bars and restaurants. I think I would have to work in the castle in Norwich to get to the 12th century.
Not a lot of pre-Norman places other than churches still habitable though unless you go somewhere like the Roman baths in Bath but they are not completely original.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote:Congratulations Monte! That place looks awesome!
Cheers AB, Yeah it's a great building and location. Not the first 13th century place I've worked as I spent a while at an old Inn in Norwich which was a similar age but not as grand. I also worked in a 15th century merchant's hall in the city which had a crypted roof in the kitchen which was pretty cool.
There are still a huge amount of ancient buildings in the UK, many of which are run as bars and restaurants. I think I would have to work in the castle in Norwich to get to the 12th century.
Not a lot of pre-Norman places other than churches still habitable though unless you go somewhere like the Roman baths in Bath but they are not completely original.
As a lifelong Californian that's mind blowing to me. The oldest buildings we have here are from the Mission era (1769-1833) and most of them have been rebuilt as it is

So cool
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:Go ahead and apply. IMO, it can't hurt.
I was offered the position today, I took it.
Damn, congratulations Mont on the new job. I guess I would've know about it if I decided to read through the whole thread but does this mean you are now a celebrity chef?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:So what's your position there? I expect a room for 4 to be available when I arrive with the family.
No bedrooms I'm afraid, upstairs is all lovely oak panelled rooms with uneven floors which are for functions and private dining.
Plenty of medieval, timber framed holiday cottages in the area for accommodation though. http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/ ... 22136.html
This 16th century cottage is near the farm and about a mile from St Peters.
Although at 6'2" you could bump your head a lot on all the low beams

Huh, reading the blurb I found this which I didn't know before,
. St Michael South Elmham is a Thankful Village (or Blessed Village) which is a settlement where all members of the armed forces survived World War I. St Michael is one of only fourteen villages in England and Wales which are known as “Doubly Thankful” as it didn’t lose anyone in World War II either.
I am going to be running the kitchen so expect roasted venison,fish and chips and steak and ale pies with traditional English puddings so you could end up with a spotted dick if you'd like one.....
That sounds freakin' awesome... Good for you buddy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Now I know who to call the next time you break the speech laws. :twisted:

Hello? Yes. Did you know one of your employees implied it was time for the queen to step down? I know. Unfathomable. Notify the authorities.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Oldest known dwellings in the UK are in the Orkney's at Skara Brae which are roughly 3200 BC which is over 500 years older than Stonehenge and the stone circle there known as the ring of Brodgar is thought to be the earliest and the beginnings of the neolithic culture which spread all over the British Isles.
http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/skarabrae/