Jobs

Montegriffo

Re: Jobs

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Just checked my inbox and I have a request for a CV (resume) before arranging an interview for that TV celeb' job. Bugger, more work. I have never been good at keeping it up to date and I am so far behind I may as well start again. Might have to write that small book after all. :lol:

Just sent off my CV. Managed to keep it down to two pages and was intentionally vague about dates etc.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:14 am

We all have to sell ourselves. Art of the Deal.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:Just checked my inbox and I have a request for a CV (resume) before arranging an interview for that TV celeb' job. Bugger, more work. I have never been good at keeping it up to date and I am so far behind I may as well start again. Might have to write that small book after all. :lol:
Dude I can fire you off a resume for low cost. I'm really good at them. However, in the current market what impresses people the most is prior employment advocacy. Like actual references.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:20 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Just checked my inbox and I have a request for a CV (resume) before arranging an interview for that TV celeb' job. Bugger, more work. I have never been good at keeping it up to date and I am so far behind I may as well start again. Might have to write that small book after all. :lol:
Dude I can fire you off a resume for low cost. I'm really good at them. However, in the current market what impresses people the most is prior employment advocacy. Like actual references.
I was just going to fire a huge list of jobs I've done in no particular order whilst trying not to look like someone who can't hold down a job for more than 6 months. :lol:
I'm putting it off till the last minute just like scule.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:22 am

Got a long list of previous employers who will say what ever I want them to luckily.

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:Got a long list of previous employers who will say what ever I want them to luckily.
In that case, tell them to say nice things. Employers like to hear nice things from prior employers! ;)

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 am

atanamis wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Got a long list of previous employers who will say what ever I want them to luckily.
In that case, tell them to say nice things. Employers like to hear nice things from prior employers! ;)
Oh yes, two of my best friends are ex employers, I won't even have to tell them.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:22 am

I really need a job now so I can stop spamming this place up and let someone else get a word in.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am

Or you can just marry a piker chick and make a living off stealing tourist's cameras and purses. You are already halfway there, though you probably need to upgrade to a proper caravan.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:22 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Or you can just marry a piker chick and make a living off stealing tourist's cameras and purses. You are already halfway there, though you probably need to upgrade to a proper caravan.
The word is pikey.
Comes from travelling the turn pikes (toll roads)
And that's just not nice.....