If you were the President, how would you eliminate gangs?

skankhunt42

If you were the President, how would you eliminate gangs?

Post by skankhunt42 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 pm

I had a long conversation with a friend of mine who's from Chicago, which is where I'm originally from. He, like my Mom, grew up in the Back of the Yards on the south side of Chicago. His take on gangs was that they are domestic terrorists, and we should kill them all. I don't have this approach, lots of grey area there, but, I'd love to see an administration really address this issue. I'll post later after I put some actual thought into how to solve this problem, but in the meantime, I'm curious what the Martin Hash community thinks. How would you solve the problem of gangs in America?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Re: If you were the President, how would you eliminate gangs?

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm

RICO.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Chicago had bootlegging gangs during prohibition. It now has dope gangs during prohibition.

Odd.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Jobs
Jobs
Jobs

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:35 am

You cannot eliminate gangs. Even Star Trek had them.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:18 am

de officiis wrote:Jobs
Jobs
Jobs
Let's hear it for jobs!

that is the second time you posted that and damned if I can find the Pelosi Youtube video.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:38 am

Gangs are a natural form of human behavior. You can't eliminate them.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Cid

Post by Cid » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:38 am

Legalize whatever you can morally legalize to kill revenue while providing jobs. If they resort to harder shit that kills people, executions.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 am

Gangs rise up because the legitimacy of the state declines. Where gangs exist, the state's power diminishes.

Gangs represent the natural state of man. When civilization fails us, we resort to gangs. Nor does this phenomenon exist only in poor communities. Gated communities and private security are forms of gang behavior that only exist because the state failed to protect people to the extent they felt necessary, or at best you can argue their perceptions were such.

When America possessed a strong nation state, people didn't live in these modern medieval gated communities. Gangs in poor urban areas were quite limited.

But if you go back to the time of westward expansion, the Frontier was rife with gang behavior because no strong state power existed out there.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 am

TheReal_ND wrote:RICO.
+1 - RICO killed the Mafia in a practical sense. Also +1 to legalizing substances that financially feed gangs.
:royalty-queen: