Hey, people to the left of the aisle, say something "Nice" about the Right and their policies

MilSpecs

Re: Hey, people to the left of the aisle, say something "Nice" about the Right and their policies

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:59 am

Penner wrote: First I really want to say that most people, in real life, are in the middle but from person-to-person their opinions/beliefs may swing to one end or the other, but for most of the time it's about the middle idea.
Agreed. I'd add that the 'average' person seems to be like "Do what you want, just don't ask me to pay for it and don't shove it in my face." It's the more extreme ends (on both sides) that insist on foisting their lifestyles on others and also insisting they pay for it.

For my something nice about the right, as individuals they often have your back. And they're also often gentlemen. I appreciate that.
:royalty-queen:

Penner

Re: Hey, people to the left of the aisle, say something "Nice" about the Right and their policies

Post by Penner » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:57 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
Penner wrote: First I really want to say that most people, in real life, are in the middle but from person-to-person their opinions/beliefs may swing to one end or the other, but for most of the time it's about the middle idea.
Agreed. I'd add that the 'average' person seems to be like "Do what you want, just don't ask me to pay for it and don't shove it in my face." It's the more extreme ends (on both sides) that insist on foisting their lifestyles on others and also insisting they pay for it.

For my something nice about the right, as individuals they often have your back. And they're also often gentlemen. I appreciate that.
+1. Most people that I met and have talked politics do seem to be in the middle and are more or less concern about the whole, "do not shove this in my face" types and so am I.

nickle7

Post by nickle7 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Penner wrote:
mydogjesse wrote:

+1. Most people that I met and have talked politics do seem to be in the middle and are more or less concern about the whole, "do not shove this in my face" types and so am I.
Interesting how the national/international dialogue is primarily driven by voices firmly on one side or the other. I think it would be nice to not have to frame discussions in a left-right mindset and certainly it's not constructive to frame every conversation with this context. Yet, framing it in this way is so descriptive of national level dialogue.
Seek how to think, not what to think.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Probably because in civil society you're not supposed to talk about politics or religion. Or am I the only one that was raised correctly?

Whatever the case the line has been crossed so prepare your anuses for real life triggering by flyers on campuses and elsewhere.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Probably because in civil society you're not supposed to talk about politics or religion. Or am I the only one that was raised correctly?

Whatever the case the line has been crossed so prepare your anuses for real life triggering by flyers on campuses and elsewhere.

That went out the window when people started to get angry about sports and the weather.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:18 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Probably because in civil society you're not supposed to talk about politics or religion. Or am I the only one that was raised correctly?

You need a society that is not to much of a pussy to talk about it in a civil fashion. It's funny how the more rich and insulated from the economy people are the more they act like crazies on politics.

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:07 am

They're generally better at acknowledging certain negative realities, rather than basing policy on an ideal world that doesn't exist.