Hey, people to the left of the aisle, say something "Nice" about the Right and their policies

Cid

Re: Hey, people to the left of the aisle, say something "Nice" about the Right and their policies

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Ok you want me to edit that out? It's anecdotal.

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Hey, people to the left of the aisle, say something "Nice" about the Right and their policies

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Cid wrote:Ok you want me to edit that out? It's anecdotal.
I think that would be a nice gesture, yeah. Do you really believe that half of the country, based on political ideology, would not help a fellow human in need?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:58 pm

I don't believe half the country is liberal, I don't believe half of it is conservative. I believe that anyone who thinks it is was going to turn on Dan after Obama/Trump was elected because they're the ones tossing that stuff around like it easily explains their world.

So no, I don't, but the thread was set up that way so I went with majority vs minority in my experience. I'm not saying liberals aren't nice people I'm saying they'd rather toss a fix at a person from a mile down the street than give them a hand up. Again, majority vs minority. I think the worst thing for the conservative movement is to become separated from problems. I think that's how you get an east coast elite like H.W. Bush that knows his international shit but misfires on the domestic. Brave man, hell super brave, but can't go saving the world when people are losing their jobs. I'd have preferred him in his 80s to his son.

Edit: Mind you if I participate in this board, I'll be on the left side even if by my guestimate I'm still two steps to the right from the middle.
Last edited by Cid on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:00 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Image
Some by Hugo Boss.

Apologies to skank for a pithy response to a well intentioned question.
Good luck getting rank and file republicans signed to the Hitler programme.
Define 'rank and file', because I think that definition has shifted lately.. :ugeek:
Let's look at the stuff that made him unique. War wit Russia and Gestapo. No desire for either one of those.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:02 pm

DBTrek's thread is the place to talk about Hitler. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Cid wrote:I don't believe half the country is liberal, I don't believe half of it is conservative. I believe that anyone who thinks it is was going to turn on Dan after Obama/Trump was elected because they're the ones tossing that stuff around like it easily explains their world.

So no, I don't, but the thread was set up that way so I went with majority vs minority in my experience. I'm not saying liberals aren't nice people I'm saying they'd rather toss a fix at a person from a mile down the street than give them a hand up. Again, majority vs minority. I think the worst thing for the conservative movement is to become separated from problems. I think that's how you get an east coast elite like H.W. Bush that knows his international shit but misfires on the domestic. Brave man, hell super brave, but can't go saving the world when people are losing their jobs. I'd have preferred him in his 80s to his son.

Edit: Mind you if I participate in this board, I'll be on the left side even if by my guestimate I'm still two steps to the right from the middle.
Well, let's be clear on the definitions then.

If we're all plastered onto a 1-dimensional line from Left to Right, then there has to be a mystical Middle Point that nobody occupies, with the rest of us all scattered along the line. If you see someone Left of you, you assume that they're Marx himself, anybody to the Right is Hitler. You might be anywhere on the line, but you only have your social experience to judge it by. So, pretending that one side lacks basic human decency vs. Your imagined side is pretty foolish, and opens the door to dehumanization a'la DCF death throes.

Now say something nice about the Right, dammit. :D
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Cid wrote:I've never known a conservative, that identifies as such, to fail to help someone in need when confronted with that person and understanding their situation.
Welcome to the MHF CID!
Didn't see you sign off on the farewell DCF thread...

Didn't know you were a lefty... are you?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh yeah I'm on the left.

Also, our dog died unexpectedly day before Thanksgiving. I was pissed off at the election well before hand, had posted such in the forums, and had read some forums and threads but I was AWOL. Couple people tried to get a hold of me, but I wasn't checking that. The corg's death hit my wife and me hard, and then I checked yesterday and found it shuttered. After looking around a bit I found a link here. Not sure how'll active I'll be.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Stick around Cid...

We need all the lefties we can get to keep these boys in line.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:21 pm

The Right is better about self-determination and leaving people alone, but this goes too far to where policies will leave people floundering.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session