Minecraft Thread

doc_loliday

Re: Minecraft Thread

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:40 pm
Your game sounds like dogshit. What this guy has is a successful game and sounded interesting to me on this podcast. You won't listen to the podcast, I won't play your dogshit game. No shocker there, as usual, it makes us even. :D

Anybody else?

I listened to it. It could be interesting to try out liberty minecraft.

Anyway, at least libertarians are talking about ideas, specifically freedom. Better than most philosophies out there.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:46 pm
Fife wrote:
Your game sounds like dogshit. What this guy has is a successful game and sounded interesting to me on this podcast. You won't listen to the podcast, I won't play your dogshit game. No shocker there, as usual, it makes us even. :D

Anybody else?
Eve Online is the most successful MMO of all time, and is beloved by libertarians.
Never heard of it. But some platform that promotes something called "suicide high-sec ganking" doesn't sound like it is about property, and certainly not about voluntaryism.

Sounds like a pile of dogshit.
It's 100% about private property, contracts, and free markets.

They just had the integrity to allow people to.violate the NAP and see where it leads. Something you seem to want to avoid.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 am

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 am

They just had the integrity to allow people to.violate the NAP and see where it leads. Something you seem to want to avoid.
You could tell me it 100% tastes like punkin pie, and it would be all the same to me.

Although, it sounds like they just had the "integrity" to avoid concepts of property and invited aggressive violence from turds with no skin in the game. Something you "seem to want to" crave.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:13 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 am
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 am

You could tell me it 100% tastes like punkin pie, and it would be all the same to me.

Although, it sounds like they just had the "integrity" to avoid concepts of property and invited aggressive violence from turds with no skin in the game. Something you "seem to want to" crave.

You have no idea what you are farting about. Eve Online is literally a libertarian game. The fact that it allows people (realistically) to become pirates is irrelevant. Welcome to reality, boyo. Your libertarian utopia is going to have to contend with bandits, frauds, and warlords -- just like every other fucking utopian political philosophy out there.

Outside of empire space, there are no laws. Just contracts. If you want to get an idea of where libertarianism leads, there's your space. It's kind of fun, honestly. But it's not utopia.

If you want to present some Micky Mouse game where nobody is allowed to do anything mean, then fuck off with your entire libertarian program. Let's talk about how people really act when there is no government. You have to fucking deal with that reality. You can't just say, well, in our future society nobody will do things like this. Sure. I am sure everybody is going to play nice in your future.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:23 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 am
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:46 pm
Fife wrote:

Anybody else?
Eve Online is the most successful MMO of all time, and is beloved by libertarians.
Never heard of it. But some platform that promotes something called "suicide high-sec ganking" doesn't sound like it is about property, and certainly not about voluntaryism.

Sounds like a pile of dogshit.
It's almost completely player-run. There are 5 factions that control areas of space in the game, and a vast 'null-sec' area with no rules whatsoever.

Inside the faction-controlled space, it's called 'high-sec', which means that an AI police force shows up in a minute or so to shoot players breaking the law (shooting other players, robbing, etc).

I used to play in the high-sec areas and do some asteroid mining and manufacturing of parts/ships to sell to other players. Eventually, the players from null-sec figured out that they could warp into a high-sec area and shoot miners before the police showed up, then re-spawn and take their stuff.

The null-sec areas are completely libertarian. But the game got kinda dumb when you could get shot at random, while supposedly under faction protection. You can survive by banding together and having a group of players hover over you while you mine, but it's not profitable.

Pretty realistic, but not great for gameplay.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 am

It's perfect for gameplay. You just have to get good. I used to do industry in nullsec (mostly low-sec, though) pretty much by myself. Be sneaky. Stealth.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 am

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 am
It's perfect for gameplay. You just have to get good. I used to do industry in nullsec (mostly low-sec, though) pretty much by myself. Be sneaky. Stealth.
You definitely weren't mining, then. I had a little factory out in low-sec, but it was too stressful trying to get back and forth.

Eventually I quit the game because it was taking up WAY too much of my life. :) I still miss it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:54 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 am
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 am
You definitely weren't mining, then. I had a little factory out in low-sec, but it was too stressful trying to get back and forth.

Eventually I quit the game because it was taking up WAY too much of my life. :) I still miss it.
Yes, I was.

Low-sec is perfect for everything, but it's still not great if you want to produce drugs. I mined almost exclusively in low-sec, actually.

All my planetary production was in low-sec as well.

Sold legit products in Amarr market.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 am

Also, you have to gas mine in low-sec.

Mining in high-sec is for noobs and just amassing a shit ton of base materials.

I had two accounts with six total characters to specialize in everything. Mining, industry, transport were the main industry divisions. Then there were specialized fighting characters, but I never got so good at that. Started to work with the idea of a pilgrim but stopped paying my dues and quit the game before I got good at that.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 am

Noticed my server was down. Sorry.
Is anyone still interested?
:geek:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck