The Family Thread - Letters from Home

DrYouth

Re: The Family Thread - Letters from Home

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:00 pm

I wasn't really worried for them.

I was worried for the lady.

I took it as a sign that the home schooling was putting her too close to the edge.

Maybe a sign it was time to rethink the whole thing.

For now we will continue.... all for the best... onward and upward.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Well my momma can be rattlesnake mean when she gets riled up, she's an old school Nova Scotia girl, and when she was a girl, you got beat with a stick for sassin' your momma, so I was never inclined to cross her, didn't mean I didn't respect her, quite the opposite, round my house growing up, it was more wait till your mother gets home, and daddy ain't gonna save yea, cause he's scared of her too. lol.

She's 74 years old now, and I'm still not inclined to cross her, she lives out there in Lotus Land, Doc, you should hire her as a nanny.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:She's 74 years old now, and I'm still not inclined to cross her, she lives out there in Lotus Land, Doc, you should hire her as a nanny.
LOL

If Smitty's scared of her.... I can't imagine.

The kids will be pulling their weight in no time flat.

Does she live down on the coast?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:28 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:She's 74 years old now, and I'm still not inclined to cross her, she lives out there in Lotus Land, Doc, you should hire her as a nanny.
LOL

If Smitty's scared of her.... I can't imagine.

The kids will be pulling their weight in no time flat.

Does she live down on the coast?
Out on the island, last time I checked that is, she's still a beatnik, so you never can tell where she might be at any given moment, she moves around, stealthy like a ninja. She's like the pied piper when it comes to kids tho, I was the kid who got her riled up, but other kids just do as she says, like she's Yoda or something, little old lady now, but in the eyes, you can still see the iron.

Philosophically, she'd probably see eye to eye with you about not letting them get your goat, but that's why you lay down the law, like a Sergeant-Major, to make sure they know not to cross you. Free reign to make your choices, but you take the consequences therein, and don't come crying thereafter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
DrYouth wrote: She's doing it. She just needs more practice being an Iron Lady. It doesn't come naturally.
Why does she always have to be the Iron Lady? When are you gonna step up and put a bit o' stick about?

Maybe she's stressed out, cause you're just ducking it and letting her soak up all the heat.

She has to be Tiger Mom, while you get to be Buddy Dad?

She gets vilified as Margaret Thatcher while you swan about playing Sigmund Freud?
If she's going full Maggie she'll have to take away their milk, destroy their jobs and charge them a poll tax.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:If she's going full Maggie she'll have to take away their milk, destroy their jobs and charge them a poll tax.
Sounds like Mrs Youth is ready to unleash Special Branch, MI5, and 22 SAS, to sink their little pampered Belgrano's.

I side with the Iron Ladies here, as per usual, DrY is like the Labour Party, letting them unions run amok, and nobody is doing any work.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Better to go the gentler more consentual way of Sir John Major than risk a battle of trafalgar square by going full lactose larcenist. IMHO
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:So they got "freaked out", big whoop, poor wittle felwas n' all, but that's what you get for sassing the Tiger Momma.

I betcha she's nowhere near as scary as my momma, kids these days are just wusses, I was raised by the Dragon Lady, you don't fuck with Madame Nhu.

I once saw a grown assed man cross my momma; she threw his ass down a flight of stairs.
Did your mom put punji sticks around your bed so that you wouldnt wander around when you were supposed to be sleeping?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:So they got "freaked out", big whoop, poor wittle felwas n' all, but that's what you get for sassing the Tiger Momma.

I betcha she's nowhere near as scary as my momma, kids these days are just wusses, I was raised by the Dragon Lady, you don't fuck with Madame Nhu.

I once saw a grown assed man cross my momma; she threw his ass down a flight of stairs.
Did your mom put punji sticks around your bed so that you wouldnt wander around when you were supposed to be sleeping?
No, but when I was small, she would put a ninja move on me from time to time, I remember one time I was being a little brat, and I tried to storm by her giving her the "talk to the hand" move, and she snatched me by the wrist, chicken winged me, and frog marched me off to the cells, Hanoi Hilton drill.

Like I say, she was raised in the country, and even when she was a cheerleader with a beehive and dressed like Jackie-O, she was still a tomboy underneath, deceptively strong for such a small woman, she had a grip like a vise, she's still pretty strong, for a 74 year old.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Me mom was tough as nails too if you really crossed her.

She had a wooden spoon in a drawer that she wielded.

When you heard the drawer open you ran for cover.

But as the golden boy... rarely did she make contact...

But I knew enough to play my role and take cover... never thought to do otherwise.