GET THAT WEAK SHIT OUTTA HERE LIMEY MOOSLEMS

Montegriffo

Re: International sports bar

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 am
...and I'll take FIFA rankings (imperfect as they are) over the opinion of a jumped-up ice jockey who never knows when he's wrong, any day of the week. ;)
How don't you like hockey? It's fucking ice soccer bro.
Who says I don't?
I like most sports.
I'd probably even watch Yank rounders if it was on UK TV.
I do find it hard to see the puck half the time, should be bright pink and lit up.
Field hockey is more like footy and better to watch though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm
I do find it hard to see the puck half the time, should be bright pink and lit up.
They tried that, it didn't work, it was stupid, so they abandoned it.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:39 am

If you want to watch the best soccer teams face of against each other just watch Champions League.
The world cup is just a mediocre tournament boosted with national pride.
The national teams are nothing compared to the great club teams. A side show to promote the sport.
True soccer fans follow club teams. Occasional viewers follow their national team. Takes less involvement.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:12 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:39 am
If you want to watch the best soccer teams face of against each other just watch Champions League.
The national teams are nothing compared to the great club teams. A side show to promote the sport.
True soccer fans follow club teams. Occasional viewers follow their national team. Takes less involvement.
True, any team in the Premiership could win the world cup.
Just had a frustrating season with my team. Lead the Championship for half the season then tailed off at the end, missed the automatic promotion and threw away a 2 goal lead in the play offs.
Any true soccer fan won't need to be told who I support.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:39 am
Well I am certain no true soccer fan, definitely an occasional viewer. I want to watch the best national teams face each other, without the tournament being watered down with bullshit affirmative action for teams in shitty regions. The World Cup is as close as international soccer gets to that, so it would be best if they stepped their game up and stopped diluting the tournament more than necessary.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:16 am

For those of you still missing the excitement of the cricket world cup, there's good news.
The netball world cup semi-finals are today.
Australia just beat South Africa to get their place in the final now England need another victory against New Zealand to meet them there.

If any of you are unsure what netball is, it's like basketball but shit.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:05 am

Huh, I'd never really watched netball before. It's ok.
Much like basketball but no dribbling and no backboards.
Eng 33 - NZ 36 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 am

Quick game. Only allowed 3 seconds with the ball.
ENG 37-41 NZ 8 mins to go

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:27 am

Revenge for NZ.
45 - 47.
Won it with more interceptions and a goalscorer who only missed once all match.

AUS - NZ final.

I might even watch it.