International sports bar

Montegriffo

Re: International sports bar

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:39 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:40 pm
Second half of the US - Ireland rugby match just started.
US losing 14-24.

England just hammered Australia 37-18.
Wales beat South Africa 20-11
Scotland scraped a narrow win over Argentina 14-9
New Zealand beat Italy 66-3
FLAGGED!

Monty recieves +1 demerit for posting regional Irish Rugby talk in the International Sports Bar thread.
+1 demerit for every American sports fan.
US 14 - Ireland 57
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:25 am

Anyone interested in the Fury - Wilder fight?
Could be a classic...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:48 am

America will reign supreme :D

Boxing has really lost a lot of market to MMA, I prefer MMA now, just so much more complexity, action and unpredictability in MMA its really fun to watch. But for this match it's really interesting in boxing terms.

Here you have two very successful huge guys, and older too. Both these guys are in their 30s aren't they? It used to be that fighters were pretty much done in their early 30s. Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Ali all of them were pretty much done. But Fury and Wilder seem to be at the top of their game.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:47 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:48 am
America will reign supreme :D

Boxing has really lost a lot of market to MMA, I prefer MMA now, just so much more complexity, action and unpredictability in MMA its really fun to watch. But for this match it's really interesting in boxing terms.

Here you have two very successful huge guys, and older too. Both these guys are in their 30s aren't they? It used to be that fighters were pretty much done in their early 30s. Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler, Ali all of them were pretty much done. But Fury and Wilder seem to be at the top of their game.
Hard to know whether Fury is the top of his game. He has dropped 10 stone (140lbs) down to 18 stone for this fight.
If Fury survives Wilder's right for a couple of rounds he will outbox him for the win.
Longer it goes the better for the Gypsy King.

The press conference was entertaining.

Fury is a certifiable nut job though. I think it is Wilder who will be the most scared right now.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Two weeks of getting up at 4am caught up with me today so I crashed out at 5pm. I'm now wide awake and waiting for the match.
BBC sport is all over this fight, they've been talking about it all week. Lots of speculation about a new golden age of heavyweight boxing. Anthony Joshua is waiting in line to fight the winner and many pundits are suggesting that a win from Wilder will re-engage the American audience in boxing.
When commentators have talked about the American loss of interest they have suggested that the lack of recent world champions rather than the rise of MMA is responsible.

What say you, St Capps?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:03 pm

What's with the gimp mask? It's as if he's asking to be dominated.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:26 pm

In the UK, this bout will be on BT Sport Box Office costing viewers £19.95.
Showtime will be broadcasting the fight in the US, costing viewers $74.99.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2018 ... ion-widget

Lucky you don't pay a license fee, you are getting shafted enough already...

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 pm

One good punch each in the first two rounds. Fury took it better.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm

I didn't realize both these guys are undefeated
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm
I didn't realize both these guys are undefeated
Down to the judges now.
Great fight.