International sports bar

Ex-California

Re: International sports bar

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 am

I believe PEDs should be encouraged. Sports are for our entertainment, why hold back the human body from its ultimate potential?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 am

California wrote:I believe PEDs should be encouraged. Sports are for our entertainment, why hold back the human body from its ultimate potential?

Yep.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:15 pm

California wrote:I believe PEDs should be encouraged. Sports are for our entertainment, why hold back the human body from its ultimate potential?
Because sport should be about who is the most talented and fittest athlete not who's got the best chemist. Not to mention the long term damage PEDs can do to the competitors.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Because sport should be about who is the most talented and fittest athlete not who's got the best chemist. Not to mention the long term damage PEDs can do to the competitors.
PEDs will never outpace talent; PEDs only help in fitness

Should we force them to all eat the same diet as well? How about the same training program to make sure no one gets an advantage?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:52 pm

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Should we force them to all eat the same diet as well? How about the same training program to make sure no one gets an advantage?
No one mentioned a level playing field.
Using drugs is cheating and there's no place in sport for cheating.
You get caught breaking the rules and there are consequences.
Olympic ban for life should be brought back.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:59 pm

"If you're not cheating you're not trying" - Me

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:05 pm

"If you're cheating, you're not sporting" -me

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Haumana wrote:Lemme know when you guys take out the All Blacks.

Were they the team that lost to the Irish this year in Chicago?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Yes they were.
Talking of rugby.
Scotland did us a big favour by beating favourites Ireland 27-22
England beat France in Paris 19-16
Wales beat Italy 33-7

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:43 pm

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Most people don't understand what PED's do.

When you use them under the guidance of doctors and nurses, as professional athletes do, it's not really terribly dangerous. I am sure risk increases with all the crazy schemes they undergo to avoid the the anti-doping tests, like blood transfusions, but if you just stopped this nonsense outright, most of this stuff would be pretty safe.

Taking endless cycles of steroids is dangerous, though. Maybe not all PEDs should be considered safe. But a lot of this stuff is so safe you can buy it on Amazon right now. Think about that shit. It's this huge sports crime but I can buy it through Amazon for myself no problem.