International sports bar

Ex-California

Re: International sports bar

Post by Ex-California » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:42 am

Montegriffo wrote:So Formula 1 then. Any of you guys into it, especially now it has been taken over by American owners. Or are you just into that round and round in circles foot to the floor accident waiting to happen nonsense.
Yes. And drag racing
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 am

I know we have a NFL thread here, is anyone else into NCAA football? I love it. My team is Notre Dame but I root for Stanford as my local team but all in all I can watch any college football game. I actually enjoy watching Big 12 900 point spread games as well.

I've never liked Michigan but I'm a huge Harbaugh fan so I've been following them lately. Jim Harbaugh is simply amazing how he turns around programs both collegiate and pro
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:05 am

AndrewBennett wrote:I know we have a NFL thread here, is anyone else into NCAA football? I love it. My team is Notre Dame but I root for Stanford as my local team but all in all I can watch any college football game. I actually enjoy watching Big 12 900 point spread games as well.

I've never liked Michigan but I'm a huge Harbaugh fan so I've been following them lately. Jim Harbaugh is simply amazing how he turns around programs both collegiate and pro
Just to be clear, are we talking about football or gridiron here?
If the latter I'm more interested.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:09 am

Montegriffo wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:I know we have a NFL thread here, is anyone else into NCAA football? I love it. My team is Notre Dame but I root for Stanford as my local team but all in all I can watch any college football game. I actually enjoy watching Big 12 900 point spread games as well.

Just to be clear, are we talking about football or gridiron here?
If the latter I'm more interested.
You know what I'm talking about. Divided by a common language indeed :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:11 am

Never gonna pass up the opportunity to exploit it for humour or advantage. Get used to it dear boy. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:So Formula 1 then. Any of you guys into it, especially now it has been taken over by American owners. Or are you just into that round and round in circles foot to the floor accident waiting to happen nonsense.
Yes. And drag racing
Healthy drag scene over here and indie car seems more to my liking. Stock car or banger racing as it is more commonly known, on small oval circuits goes on over here too. It's mostly done in combination with greyhound tracks and is usually our version of white trash who get involved but I used to go with Dad and enjoyed it, particularly the demolition derby at the end of the night.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:22 pm

New world record today in Norway

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 am

So.....
The Olympic authorities are now retesting all samples of Russian athletes who attended the London Olympics in 2012 because there appears to be state sponsored cheating on a grand scale.
Now I don't usually go in for national stereotyping but.......

GIVE US OUR MEDALS BACK YOU DIRTY CHEATING RUSSIAN BASTARDS!!!!

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:39 am

Russia stripped of next years bobsleigh and skeleton world championships in Sochi. Hit them in the wallet and hit them hard. The Olympic committee is no banana republic like FIFA.
Now give us back our medals or else.....

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 am

Bolt and the Jamaican relay team have been stripped of their 4x100m gold at the 2008 London games after a positive drug test of Nesta Carter. No triple, triple any more for the sprint legend.
Good to see this type of re-testing applied by the IOC. If athletes face losing medals years after the fact it will be a large disincentive for cheating in the future.
Well done IOC.