International sports bar

Montegriffo

Re: International sports bar

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:32 am

Great to see all those black faces supporting what was once considered the game of the white oppressors.
Highlighting the ability of sports to unite a divided nation.
Vive le Rugby, the greatest team sport on earth.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:35 am

Fiji currently beating the Barbarians 21-12 at the start of the 2nd half.
The Barbarian Football Club, usually called the Barbarians and nicknamed the Baa-Baas, is an invitational rugby union team based in Britain. The Barbarians play in black and white hoops, though players wear the socks from their own club strip. Membership is by invitation, and as of 2011, players from 31 countries had played for the Barbarians.[2] Traditionally at least one uncapped player is selected for each match.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:32 am
Great to see all those black faces supporting what was once considered the game of the white oppressors.
Highlighting the ability of sports to unite a divided nation.
Vive le Rugby, the greatest team sport on earth.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 am

Look, if you're not going to respond to my obvious trolling you are going to suck all the fun out of it for me you killjoy.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 am
Look, if you're not going to respond to my obvious trolling you are going to suck all the fun out of it for me you killjoy.
It's Ubuntu, Bru.

Hie kommie Bokke

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am

This Baa Baas' game is a great match. None of that ugly kicking the ball into touch, every time they got possession, that the Boks played all the way through the world cup.
Now 17-28 to Fiji after a further try each.
Baa Baas pressing hard for another score.
Just missed out on touching down by millimeters.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:09 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 am
It's Ubuntu, Bru.

Hie kommie Bokke

The way you are embracing multiculturalism makes my heart soar.
You are a fine example to your fellow wingnuts on the board.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 am

Wow, what a finish!
33-31 to Fiji with 30 seconds left on the clock.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:25 am

Fiji win.
5 tries apiece, a couple of missed conversions the difference in the end.
Fiji missed only one.
A bottle of vintage Bol Roger to the winning captain, well deserved.
Going to drink it too, none of that criminal waste by spraying it all over the place.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 am

Switch of channels now to watch the World Tour Finals for the semi-final match between Zverev and Thiem to see who plays Tsisipas (straight-set winner over Federer earlier today) in tomorrow's final.