International sports bar

Hastur

Re: International sports bar

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Sweden and Spain qualify with one more game remaining. Romania will have to rely on the play off..

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 pm

See, told you nothing could go wrong.
What was the final score?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 pm
See, told you nothing could go wrong.
What was the final score?
2-0

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:05 pm

See you in the finals.
A new format with 24 teams competing in 51 matches rather than 16 teams and 31 matches.
Also being spread out amongst 12 venues in 12 nations for the first time.
Semis and final to be at Wembley due to it's capacity being the greatest.

Is it too early to say ''Football's Coming Home''?

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Whether you are a pessimist or an optimist has no influence on the outcome but an optimist has a better time in the waiting.
When a pessimist losses he is not disappointed, when he wins he is pleasantly surprised. When a optimist loses he is disappointed, when he wins he simply meets expectations. The sporting gods like justified confidence, but they smite the shit out of arrogance, there is a huge difference between feeling confident you will win, and assuming the game is already won before it's even played. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I was confident that Canada would win Olympic Men's Hockey Gold against Sweden in 2014, but I didn't invite the hockey gods to smite me by claiming there was no way Canada could lose, like you invited the Rugby Gods to smite England by claiming they couldn't lose and it would be a blowout win to boot.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:35 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Whether you are a pessimist or an optimist has no influence on the outcome but an optimist has a better time in the waiting.
When a pessimist losses he is not disappointed, when he wins he is pleasantly surprised. When a optimist loses he is disappointed, when he wins he simply meets expectations. The sporting gods like justified confidence, but they smite the shit out of arrogance, there is a huge difference between feeling confident you will win, and assuming the game is already won before it's even played. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I was confident that Canada would win Olympic Men's Hockey Gold against Sweden in 2014, but I didn't invite the hockey gods to smite me by claiming there was no way Canada could lose, like you invited the Rugby Gods to smite England by claiming they couldn't lose and it would be a blowout win to boot.
It's cute how you think anything I say or do influences the result of a Rugby match on the other side of the planet.
Mentally retarded but cute all the same.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:33 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:35 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
It's cute how you think anything I say or do influences the result of a Rugby match on the other side of the planet.
Mentally retarded but cute all the same.
Denying the existence of the Rugby Gods might just piss them off. I would advise against that, look what happened the last time you did that.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 am

I sent the existence of all Gods.
Apart from the spaghetti monster obviously, bless his noodley appendiges.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 am
I sent the existence of all Gods.
Apart from the spaghetti monster obviously, bless his noodley appendiges.
Blasphemy against the gods did England no favors in the Rugby World Cup. Keep angering them if you want to, but I know better, pascal's wager.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:47 am

England were beaten by a better forward pack. Nothing I said influenced the result.