Food and drink

Haumana

Re: Food and drink

Post by Haumana » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:13 am
Sounds delicious. I never ate salsa until a few years ago. Didn’t eat spicy foods either. Now I like both. Wife & kids are still super-bland eaters.
This was a knockoff recipe from a restaurant chain called Chevy's. The fire roasted veggies add a wonderful smokiness and the jalapenos calm down quite a bit from the cooking. I scrape the seeds and ribs, set them aside and add them back in later to get the heat to my preference. I was trying to figure out how much it costs me make and how much I could sell them for. More and more people are setting up tents on the side of the road selling their plates. Mostly just variations of plate lunch.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:25 am

Haumana wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sounds delicious. I never ate salsa until a few years ago. Didn’t eat spicy foods either. Now I like both. Wife & kids are still super-bland eaters.
This was a knockoff recipe from a restaurant chain called Chevy's. The fire roasted veggies add a wonderful smokiness and the jalapenos calm down quite a bit from the cooking. I scrape the seeds and ribs, set them aside and add them back in later to get the heat to my preference. I was trying to figure out how much it costs me make and how much I could sell them for. More and more people are setting up tents on the side of the road selling their plates. Mostly just variations of plate lunch.

Rule of three is how I was taught.

For the cost of one product, you should be able to make three in return.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Haumana wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 am
Martin Hash wrote:

I’ve been thinking about a farm stand as well. I’ll keep it in my pocket, in the event of, but for now everything goes into my larder.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:18 pm
I’ve been thinking about a farm stand as well. I’ll keep it in my pocket, in the event of, but for now everything goes into my larder.
The trick is keeping it interesting enough that it doesn't become boring.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:18 pm

Haumana wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:45 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:18 pm
The trick is keeping it interesting enough that it doesn't become boring.
There is a difference between a career and a job... once it becomes a job, then you are in trouble.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:28 pm

I just made myself Mandu Jeongol.

Has a sweet but spicy kick to it. Needs a but more punch, but the a flavor was there. Ill tell you, more vegies than i nrmally like, but they coubtee the sweet pretty good.
#NotOneRedCent