Food and drink

Montegriffo

Re: Food and drink

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:32 pm

The only booze I have at home is a rather nice Chateauneuf du pape that I brought back from France to give to a mate in Brighton.
I don't think it's going to survive the lockdown...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:11 pm

I made a Mohito with gin in stead of rum. We were out of rum. I don't know if it has a name but in my opinion it's a superior drink.
It will be my poison this summer.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Hastur wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:11 pm
I made a Mohito with gin in stead of rum. We were out of rum. I don't know if it has a name but in my opinion it's a superior drink.
Who makes a mojito with rum??
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Hastur wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:11 pm
How long do they think we can live like savages?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:53 am

I've been eating a lot of Indian food recently. Lentil dahl and onion bhajis tonight.
The beauty of Indian food is that you need so few ingredients.
Onions, garlic, lentils and a few curry spices for the dahl and another onion with a bit of chickpea flour for the bhajis.
I might make some flat breads instead of rice as I'm running low on basmati.
Living the high life on the budget of an Indian peasant.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:53 am
I've been eating a lot of Indian food recently. Lentil dahl and onion bhajis tonight.
The beauty of Indian food is that you need so few ingredients.
Onions, garlic, lentils and a few curry spices for the dahl and another onion with a bit of chickpea flour for the bhajis.
I might make some flat breads instead of rice as I'm running low on basmati.
Living the high life on the budget of an Indian peasant.
Indian food is a passion of mine as well. Lots of good restaurants here in Stockholm and I dabble some myself. I like vegetarian dishes that don't pretend to be meat dishes. The Indian meat dishes that I suspect sometimes can be more British in origin are also great. It's a lot about the spices of course but also the simplicity and economy as you pointed out.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:25 pm

My bhajis were slightly substandard. I didn't prep them far enough in advance so the gram flour didn't have time to draw the moisture out of the onions and I had to add a little water. When you do that they end up more like fritters and don't have the same crunch.
The dahl was lovely though, so simple and easy to make. All that was missing was a bit of my homemade spicy apple chutney. I always make it with my mum and the last few jars are in her garage. I've run out and can't go and visit until this bug is over.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm

16-year Lagavulin removes the stress of a pandemic nicely.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:47 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Is your relationship with your gf surviving OK now you are spending more time working from home?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:47 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Is your relationship with your gf surviving OK now you are spending more time working from home?
During times of danger, I lead and she follows. We’ve gotten by ok, just avoiding conflict in domestic matters. We’re both focused on the kids more than anything.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace