Food and drink

Montegriffo

Re: Food and drink

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 am

What do Mexican restaurants serve then if not dishes flavoured with chillies? Some sort of bland Americanised food covered in cheese?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:Are Mexican style chillies not universally eaten across the US? They are often far hotter than many curry dishes.
The peppers themselves originated in Mexico and were unknown to the old world or to Asia--do you mean the meat dish?
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:18 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Heck no. Even the "Mexican" restaurants here don't use them.
Is this an ignorance competition? If so, it may be a photo-finish.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 am

Most of the curry we eat is British, I thought.

Like Kung Pao Chicken is American, I thought most of these curry dishes are British.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:20 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Are Mexican style chillies not universally eaten across the US? They are often far hotter than many curry dishes.
The peppers themselves originated in Mexico and were unknown to the old world or to Asia--do you mean the meat dish?
I'm aware of that and yes I was referring to the meat dish.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:23 am

Too much of that curry makes people smell funky. Not worth it longterm.

Chili peppers are really good for you, though. Those little ones you get from the Tienda Hispania will fuck your shit up sideways if you are not careful.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:24 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Heck no. Even the "Mexican" restaurants here don't use them.
Is this an ignorance competition? If so, it may be a photo-finish.
:lol:

I was referring to using spicy chilies in the Midwest. We have "Mexican" restaurants that serve bland, oily shit, rather than actual Mexican food.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:25 am

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Somehow missed this thread the first time around...

I've discovered a real passion for curries, thanks to a small Indian food stand near my work. I always order the hottest items, and am never disappointed. I tried bringing home some of the tamer options for the family, but got a very mediocre reception. To be fair, it was rather cold at that point though. Spicy food is definitely an acquired taste, like beer or cigarettes, but it's a delicious one once you get accustomed.

That said, it is unbelievably hard to find much of anything spicy or even very seasoned in the midwest. These people eat like fucking children.
When my in laws are in town I have to back off EVERYTHING.

My father in law will start turning red and sweating from too much standard black pepper. And they drink Coke
Are Mexican style chillies not universally eaten across the US? They are often far hotter than many curry dishes.
No, only in the good parts of the country.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 am

Montegriffo wrote:What do Mexican restaurants serve then if not dishes flavoured with chillies? Some sort of bland Americanised food covered in cheese?
It depends on where you're at. If you're in a state that was part of Mexico before the Treaty of Guadalupe HIldago, you're safe. The further away you get from those areas the shittier the Mexican food is.

And don't believe anything you read about "gourmet" Mexican food in NY or Chicago. All of it is crap compared to what you can get from a taco truck or sketchy taqueria in California
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 am

The only thing you are getting from a taco truck in shitty Calitopia is e coli.