Food and drink

Speaker to Animals

Re: Food and drink

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:33 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Well, this turns out surprisingly good for a simple recipe:

Cost me about $6 for chicken thighs, lemons, potatoes, and the dried herbs I was missing (rosemary). Made two meals of 3 thighs and potatoes each.

I need a large roasting pan, though. Had to use the pyrex dish. Still have half the chicken thighs in the fridge to cook as something else.
Try making a chicken cacciatore out of the leftover chicken. Thighs are perfect for cacciatore - much better than white meat.

I'm trying the Greek lemon chicken. Sounds delicious.

Use extra potatoes. Those things are delicious.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:38 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Did you ever try that sweet peanut curry recipe?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:16 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 am

With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 am

Damn this thread has degenerated at top speed. Enjoy your junk food everyone.... :roll:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Not yet. No one in the house will eat curry but me. If I ever get a day off I'm going to make some version of it for myself.
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:56 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Not yet. No one in the house will eat curry but me. If I ever get a day off I'm going to make some version of it for myself.
I though you were going to try it out on the kids. It doesn't have to be hot, just spicy. No point in wasting good food though if they won't even try it.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
I though you were going to try it out on the kids. It doesn't have to be hot, just spicy. No point in wasting good food though if they won't even try it.
I only have one kid home now. I still want to try making it. I can always bring the leftovers to work the next day.
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I've always had a good reaction when I cook it, whether I do a veggie version with pakoras or a chicken/pork version.
Keep me posted, I'm interested to see if it goes down as well as it did with those American students I made it for last year.