Food and drink

Montegriffo

Re: Food and drink

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:21 pm

All this talk of babies in the food and drink thread is making me hungry.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 am

I've been testing a lot of Christmas ale over the last couple of weeks, both domestic and foreign.

This years best brew is, in my opinion from America:

Anchor Christmas Ale

The Runner up is from Brittain:

Fuller's Old Winter Ale

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 am

I like the winter ales. Adnams does some nice ones. Something about the slower fermentation in the cold weather or the fact they are usualy dark strong tasting beers.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:01 pm

So who is eating what tomorrow? I'm having a chestnut Wellington with roast veg, cauliflower cheese,bread sauce, port gravy followed by Christmas pudding with Brandy sauce.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, this turns out surprisingly good for a simple recipe:

Cost me about $6 for chicken thighs, lemons, potatoes, and the dried herbs I was missing (rosemary). Made two meals of 3 thighs and potatoes each.

I need a large roasting pan, though. Had to use the pyrex dish. Still have half the chicken thighs in the fridge to cook as something else.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:43 pm

We used to do a dish we called Greek chicken at a place I used to work which was a chicken fillet stuffed with lemon, spinach and feta cheese baked in the oven. Works really well, served with rice and salad.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Don't forget these

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Bloody philistines the pair of you.....

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Well, this turns out surprisingly good for a simple recipe:

Cost me about $6 for chicken thighs, lemons, potatoes, and the dried herbs I was missing (rosemary). Made two meals of 3 thighs and potatoes each.

I need a large roasting pan, though. Had to use the pyrex dish. Still have half the chicken thighs in the fridge to cook as something else.
Try making a chicken cacciatore out of the leftover chicken. Thighs are perfect for cacciatore - much better than white meat.

I'm trying the Greek lemon chicken. Sounds delicious.
:royalty-queen: