Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Montegriffo

Re: Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:03 am

Hastur wrote:Has anyone rewatched Delirious or Raw recently? Was Eddie Murphy as funny as I remember?

I mean, its not "lately" but the last time I watched them was within the last decade and yes, they are still hilarious.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 am

I'm not down with the new trend of comedy not being about telling jokes. I was calling it stand up lecturing, but stand up tragedy works better I think.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/24/mic ... medy-spot/

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:35 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 am
I'm not down with the new trend of comedy not being about telling jokes. I was calling it stand up lecturing, but stand up tragedy works better I think.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/24/mic ... medy-spot/
That's just the white fragility and male privilege talking.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:27 am

It all stems from the subjectivity of comedy. Our victim culture has bred a generation of oversensitive wannabe authoritarians who use their morals to decide what is and is not funny.

Morality has little place in comedy. Infact I would say the more you flirt with the edge of morality, the better of a comedian you'll likely be. It should be concerning to people that entertainment corporations are pushing pro-morality comedy, or "stand up tragedy," that's a much better description.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:52 am

That really only makes sense when one imagines themselves a degenerate who finds evil funny in all cases.

I will grant you, there is a place to joke about evil, but when the punchline involves you actually finding the evil amusing or fun to do, then that's your brand of comedy. There are two kinds of people in this world. What evil men find funny is not necessarily funny to good men.

But in general, when you are talking about committing evil acts against the helpless, especially babies and children, it's not going to be funny to those of us not on the track for Hell. The degenerate left has made industry out of killing babies and harvesting their organs. They are raping children all across Hollywood and then joking about it online.

In other words, when people get edgy online and post about gassing lefties, that can be funny because nobody is likely to want to actually do that. But when actual SS officers joked about it, that shit was not so funny. Get the point?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:18 am

Sure, humor can be in poor taste but that doesn't make it not funny, (not that you were alleging that) and the less racial/sexual/moral qualifications you have to have to be allowed to make a joke, the better. Drawing strict definitions on that sort of thing is a never ending road, imo. Morality can lie with the audience, it doesn't need to lie with the jokes.

Punching women from a position of power is never funny. Except in this case

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:21 am

You are still missing the point.

When edgy trolls mock leftists with gas memes, it can sometimes be funny.

When actual Nazis joked about murdering Jews, it was not so funny.

Do you need this explained to you any further?

Hollywood is packed with pedos. These pedos like to joke about raping children. It's not funny for the same reason it wasn't funny when Nazis joked about what they did.

Would you find rape jokes made by an unrepentant serial rapist to be funny?