Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Penner

Re: Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Haumana wrote:
Penner wrote:
Half the time I can never fully understand Quinn.
My wife doesn't get, or like, him either. I think it is his cadence. But he has some hilarious insights, imo.
For me it's not what he says but he just mumbles to a point where I can't understand him, and I end up turning it off.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Penner wrote:
For me it's not what he says but he just mumbles to a point where I can't understand him, and I end up turning it off.
:lol: :lol: Yeah, he mumbles a lot. He is an acquired taste, I guess

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Have you watched this Grumps. Totally forgot the bit about the moon landings. About 2/3rds the way through.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:24 am

Haumana wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Only came across Jim Jefferies a couple of years ago. Easily my current favorite and there are loads of his full shows on youtube you could lose the next 4hrs if you look him up.
Jefferies is hilarious. And Hicks has to be on any respectable list. Have you listened to any David Sedaris or Maria Bamford? Either or both will make you guffaw with laughter. "Me talk pretty one day" audiobook is crazy hilarious.

Got me some bandwidth today so I'm checkin out some of the guys I don't know.
This is clever and funny but not vicious enough to make me laugh out loud, plenty of chuckles though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
Haumana wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:Hey everyone, Gerald here. I thought it would be fun to stop trolling the internet by putting cocks in people's mouths, and instead, talk some stand up comedy.

Who would be on your Mount Rushmore (Top 4) Stand Ups of all time? Please add clips when you can :mrgreen:

This is in no particular order.

PS Women are not funny :lol:
Just kidding.

Patrice O'Neal

Patrice shoutout says that you are a connoisseur of the standup. I can't argue with that list. Joe Rogan's talking Monkeys in Space sniffs around the edges. I can't verify the quality of this link but Joe's specials have plenty of food for thought. I love me some standup comedy.

Thanks for the kind words! I love Joe Rogan, and Coco!!!

Patrice, not seen him. Much more my thing. Watching while cooking and had Mum come in the kitchen to see what I'm laughing about.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am

Bill Burr helicopter story very good. Vaguely familiar, either I've seen it before or someone has ripped him off. Kinda reminded me of Jim Jefferies story about taking his mate with cerebral palsey to a hooker so he could lose his virginity.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:53 pm

I don't think Derek and Clive ever came up in this thread.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Have you watched this Grumps. Totally forgot the bit about the moon landings. About 2/3rds the way through.
Seen this before this guy is good. Funny, this is one of those things that backfire on you though. You think he is so over the top that he is a parody or is making fun of the character he is supposed be, but he is too good, he embraces the character makes him geniuine and you begin to think hey wait, he's got a point Britian is the best!

Rule Britannia!
Britannia Rule the World!

Then Brexit, jokes on you motherfucker. Same as Archie Bunker and Nick Offerman's character on parks and rec.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 am