Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Montegriffo

Re: Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:57 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
Penner wrote:I am surprised no one mentioned Bill Murray:
Love, love, love that guy, but he's not a standup comedian.

My family has a Bill Murray dropped by story. :D
You anecdote tease......
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Oh, it's nothing special, just the typical Bill Murray scenario. He dropped in unexpectedly and thrilled my parents. Unfortunately, I missed it.
:royalty-queen:

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:25 pm

mydogjesse wrote:Oh, it's nothing special, just the typical Bill Murray scenario. He dropped in unexpectedly and thrilled my parents. Unfortunately, I missed it.
Did your parents know Bill Murray or something because if a famous comedian comes to my place that would be something I would talk about for decades?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:40 pm

If somebody brings it up my mom will certainly talk about it! :)
:royalty-queen:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:52 pm

I've worked with a few on TV catering jobs. No one of that fame though.
Mackenzie Crook from the office you might have heard of. Very sullen and not at all chatty but he was writing, producing and performing so I guess he had a lot on his mind.
Jack Dee who you probably don't know was very funny and joined the back of the food queue with the rest of the guys. Not one of those stars who stays in his caravan and sends a runner to collect his food.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:21 pm

mydogjesse wrote:Awesome. You've reminded me that I'm overdue for my annual What About Bob? viewing.
Bill Murray is far and away my favorite actor of all time. My family and I quote his movies at the drop of a hat. In particular; What About Bob!

To the point where at a family gathering my Sister's husband gave her a kiss on the cheek and my brother yelled across the room, "Don't Touch My Sister!!!" and made the movement toward him like Dr. Leo Marvin. We all lost our shit and couldn't stop laughing. Inside joke, had to be there.

Bill Murray and his work is the best. He's not a stand up so I didn't include him.

So glad others are hip to Patrice. God, I miss him more than any other entertainer. Fuck Diabetes.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:37 pm

skankhunt42 wrote: So glad others are hip to Patrice. God, I miss him more than any other entertainer. Fuck Diabetes.
Patrice was the best.

Anybody check out Quinn's specials?

Unconstitutional was great too.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Haumana wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote: So glad others are hip to Patrice. God, I miss him more than any other entertainer. Fuck Diabetes.
Patrice was the best.

Colin's specials are on my to do list, you know. :)
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 pm

Haumana wrote:
Patrice was the best.

Half the time I can never fully understand Quinn.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Penner wrote:
Half the time I can never fully understand Quinn.
My wife doesn't get, or like, him either. I think it is his cadence. But he has some hilarious insights, imo.