Does anyone know how to get vomit smell out of car vents?

Montegriffo

Re: Does anyone know how to get vomit smell out of car vents?

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 pm

boethius wrote:Anyone know how to get dead hooker smell out of a crawlspace?

Asking for a friend.
That might be the post which has made me laugh the hardest on this whole new DCF site. Kudos
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:07 am

Does any one know how to fix electric windows? My drivers door window glass seems to have come away from the raising mechanism. I can lift it by hand but it won't stay up, will take the door panel off to investigate but if you know what to do it might help. Cheers.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:21 pm

If you lift it by hand and then hold the switch up until he raising mechanism reaches its peak will it stay up?

I had a car where that happened, the raising mechanism's electric motor basically burned out. It was a Ford so its not surprising
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:30 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:If you lift it by hand and then hold the switch up until he raising mechanism reaches its peak will it stay up?

I had a car where that happened, the raising mechanism's electric motor basically burned out. It was a Ford so its not surprising
No doesn't stay up, feels like it's not connected to the winding mechanism.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Open up the door panel, with that off it will be pretty easy to see what is wrong
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:34 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:Open up the door panel, with that off it will be pretty easy to see what is wrong
yeah, I'll have a look in the morning. First time I've had a truck with them.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
AndrewBennett wrote:Open up the door panel, with that off it will be pretty easy to see what is wrong
yeah, I'll have a look in the morning. First time I've had a truck with them.
The screws holding it to the lifting arm probably came loose and fell out. If it's an old truck the entire mechanism might be shot, but if it's power windows you should be able to fish out the screws from the bottom and reattach it. From experience, once they come loose once, they're gonna keep coming loose. Try some lock-tite on 'em.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751