Does anyone know how to get vomit smell out of car vents?

TheReal_ND

Re: Does anyone know how to get vomit smell out of car vents?

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I was lucky enough to have a good freind who is a great mechanic so when I bought my first van (VW of course) we took it to bits and fixed it up and I learnt a lot from that.
If I were a rich man I could spend thousands on tools.
I got most the tools I'll ever need now. I could spend a thousand dollars on a god damn tool organizer for sure though.

Also I like European VW vans. They don't sell us the good ones like they do there though.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Yeah my basic kit is good. I always buy good quality tools, German when I can. If I ever lost them it would cost a lot of money to get them replaced.
Never got enough special tools though.
Could do with more 3/4 inch sockets now as my new truck has some sizes I've never needed before. 18mm was the last one I had to buy, never seen an 18mm nut before I had to remove my caliper.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

I got a few but they are mostly for driving out bearings and bushings. If you aren't using air tools I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of the sockets unless you really just want to support western tool and die manufacturing. Ratchets though yes. Good ratchets are where it's at.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Hub nuts and centre nut on the clutch of my old VW were 256 ft lb. Need a good quality socket for those plus a torsion bar and a 10 ft scafold bar to get them off. They were castleated with a split pin too, talk about German over engineering.
Never mind air tools, what I'd really like is a good inspection pit.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Yeah. Split pins aren't too common on clutch nuts. Standard for hub nuts but more commonly they use locking nuts that aren't reusable.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:07 pm

You're right, as I remember it was just the hub nut which had a split pin.
1930's design so a few things seem a bit wierd today.
Best thing to come out of old one ball's reign IMO though.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I was lucky enough to have a good freind who is a great mechanic so when I bought my first van (VW of course) we took it to bits and fixed it up and I learnt a lot from that.
If I were a rich man I could spend thousands on tools.
I got most the tools I'll ever need now. I could spend a thousand dollars on a god damn tool organizer for sure though.

Also I like European VW vans. They don't sell us the good ones like they do there though.
Those things are appreciating in value.

http://www.mckennavwhb.com/used/Volkswa ... 86b07b.htm

Look at this bullshit for a 13 year old van with 100k miles
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:15 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:21 pm

The one you want is the schwimwagen from WWII. 20 years ago you might be able to pick one up for £20k
now they are more like £120k.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:29 pm

schwimmwagen