The Psych Ward

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: The Psych Ward

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:22 pm

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote:So Dr Youth, give us your take on Cult of Personality. We've heard it a lot lately. It's been said about both Obama and Trump.
Basically human nature is biased towards overlooking the flaws in those who we raise up to positions of authority. This is adaptive in childhood because it will give us at least an illusion of security and keeps children loyal to even abusive parents. This is the same phenomenon we invoke in the Stockholm syndrome.
Leaders can use the power of charisma when people are threatened and fearful to essentially achieve unquestioned authority in this same way.

Of course we always say this about leaders we do not like, while our own preferred leaders get away with all kinds of things.
That sounds about right to me.

I am now convinced Dr.Y is incapable of making a mistake, and any of you who disagree will be first against the wall.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Yeah. Liberal Canadians never make mistakes :roll:

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:30 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:My boss told me I should seek a counselor because our insurance provides some free counseling and he knows a little about what's going on with me :|
Or...

You could get on the couch here on the MHF...

It's anonymous.

And free...

Why not take it for a spin?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Because it's not anonymous for a half dozen of us.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:33 pm

:lol:

It's up to Nuke...

Maybe he's cool with some group therapy.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 pm

I don't need any counseling really though. I know what my problems are I just need to figure out what my next move is and I've never been good at that. Probably going to go to trade school tbh. I'll feel better once I'm doing something to turn things around but I kind of put myself in a holding pattern financing this used van with high mileage. No real loss though, I can do it all over again out of a back pack yet again if I have to.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 pm

My dad's got a friend working on getting his 300K+ mile F150 into a trade school garage to rebuild it as a class project. I thought about it years ago, but you have to know someone to get in. If you could get into a mechanic school, you might be able to get your van rebuilt at a discount.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

259k and not so much as a hiccup. It's eerie.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:259k and not so much as a hiccup. It's eerie.
It's the ladder rack. It knows it's a work horse. Like Boxer, "I will work harder."

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Sold that to a Mexican yep.