The Psych Ward

DrYouth

Re: The Psych Ward

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Hitler.... to name someone you've been posting about...

pretty much perfected psychological manipulation through media...

and there are some interesting reads on how governments and corporate bodies have continued this throughout the modern age...

Yep - the disciples of Freud fairly quickly turned the psychological arts to nefarious purposes.

The Dark side of the Force..... if you will.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

This place is awfully sane...

The psych ward is underpopulated...

Happy hour on Valium!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Just start doing what you head shrinkers usually do, and start defining more things as mental illnesses. This place will fill up right quick.
:twisted:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:41 pm

So Dr Youth, give us your take on Cult of Personality. We've heard it a lot lately. It's been said about both Obama and Trump.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:00 pm

My boss told me I should seek a counselor because our insurance provides some free counseling and he knows a little about what's going on with me :|

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:03 pm

DrYouth wrote:This place is awfully sane...

The psych ward is underpopulated...

Happy hour on Valium!
Have you read or listened to anyone like Alan Watts?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:My boss told me I should seek a counselor because our insurance provides some free counseling and he knows a little about what's going on with me :|
You need some Iceberg Slim. "We are all directors of our film. Why would you want to direct a shitty movie?"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Haumana wrote:
You need some Iceberg Slim. "We are all directors of our film. Why would you want to direct a shitty movie?"
Easy. For the cash.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Easy. For the cash.
If that gives you a good movie then ok. Otherwise, wtf good is cash gonna do you when you can't go to sleep at night with a peace of mind? People can only bury their bullshit so deep. If they are burying anything then it will eventually make its way to the surface. There ain't no running from it forever, there are just coping skills that make not facing it possible.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:So Dr Youth, give us your take on Cult of Personality. We've heard it a lot lately. It's been said about both Obama and Trump.
Basically human nature is biased towards overlooking the flaws in those who we raise up to positions of authority. This is adaptive in childhood because it will give us at least an illusion of security and keeps children loyal to even abusive parents. This is the same phenomenon we invoke in the Stockholm syndrome.
Leaders can use the power of charisma when people are threatened and fearful to essentially achieve unquestioned authority in this same way.

Of course we always say this about leaders we do not like, while our own preferred leaders get away with all kinds of things.