The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Did you look at StarMade?

That game looks like fun. We could create a server, create our own factions, battle it out, or do some forum construction projects and empire building.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Oh yeah ping, defender and star wars if we are going way back to when you had to actually put coins in a slot.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Dand

Post by Dand » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that game, but it is an exercise in masochism, for sure.
It feels sooooo good to play it until you start noticing some stupid shit that lives so far from his workplace that he produces virtually nothing and then he starts a chain reaction where he can't provide firewood/food/clothing and everyone else starts freezing to death or starving :evil:

I'm getting better though and it's all about managing how quickly you expand and where you expand to. My first attempts all ended with my population absolutely booming and everyone working and producing and expanding but then I built a schoolhouse, which seems to delay children entering the workforce. I believe that schoolhouses trigger horrible deaths and societal collapse.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Did you look at StarMade?

That game looks like fun. We could create a server, create our own factions, battle it out, or do some forum construction projects and empire building.
The reviews are pretty vague... Is there actual gameplay, or just minecraft in space?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:35 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Did you look at StarMade?

The reviews are pretty vague... Is there actual gameplay, or just minecraft in space?

My replacement machine does not arrive until the 12th, so I can't play it to confirm, but the youtube game play footage looks really good.

It's much more than Minecraft in space. More like Minecraft and Eve had a bastard child.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:54 pm

I do loves me some Eve. I'm a recover(ing) addict. Had to burn my account and make it unrecoverable to get out.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I do loves me some Eve. I'm a recover(ing) addict. Had to burn my account and make it unrecoverable to get out.

I was into risky industry and shipping. Vertical alignment, etc.

Anyway, StarMade has factions, empire space, trading, etc. Space battles apparently can be as emotional as those in Eve because of the time people put into building ships and fleets

The big difference here is that you can create and manage entire fleets for your faction.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I do loves me some Eve. I'm a recover(ing) addict. Had to burn my account and make it unrecoverable to get out.

I was into risky industry and shipping. Vertical alignment, etc.

Anyway, StarMade has factions, empire space, trading, etc. Space battles apparently can be as emotional as those in Eve because of the time people put into building ships and fleets

The big difference here is that you can create and manage entire fleets for your faction.
I'm sold. Start a thread when you get it going, and I'll purchase

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:27 pm

I am still watching the youtube tutorials. When my machine gets here I will test it out. If it's fun I will figure out how to get a server hosted and post in the game night thread.

I really wish KSP had multI player from different Kerbin nations.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Dand wrote:I played the Roller Coaster Tycoon games ~15 years ago but haven't in a long time. The only sim game I play lately is called Banished and it's an extremely chill town-creating game. No enemies or combat, just setting up a little settlement and growing until you screw up and run out of firewood early in winter or your town becomes so big that the game can't figure out what to do and your little people all start starving to death because they want to live on one side of the town but run a farm across the map that takes 8 hours to walk to :x At that point it's stressful but until then it's all chill and relaxing.

A guy I work with plays this. We were just talking about it again today. The quick downward spiral is frustrating, he tells me.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751