The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Smitty-48

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Definitely into the GT6 tonight

I think I've got a pretty good set up, with Logitech GT Driving Force wheel

I got the 55" and I'm pretty close, and I drive the cars : in car view, maximum zoom

So it's pretty immersive, like I brace myself before the car hits a wall, so it's tricking my brain

I just drive with car sound effects so I'm changing gears by sound, I don't have to look

While at the same time I got the music coming from youtube playlist on the Mac over here

So I can then drive by sound with a car stereo

Having driven fast cars on the track myself, this is as close to the real thing as a PS3 video game can be

Cranking off laps at Le Mans in the Ferrari Enzo, tuner package by HSG virtual motor sports

Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:41 am

I've been playing Persona 4: Golden for the Playstation Vita. I always thought StCapps avatar was just a Metal Gear reference (which it is), until I ran into a fox hanging out on top of a shrine in Inaba that started *yip*ing at me. StCapps is stalking me via video games, as I'm also playing MGS3 on my Vita.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:33 pm

I'm in the zone with GT6 naow

Just X-tuning all my cars, HSG Automotive virtual tuners, I get the set ups from youtube

So all my cars are WNG : Whole New Girlfriend

Tightest Whips

Just blamming off laps against my own lap time ghosts on the World Circuits

Spa - Francorchamps

Monza

Monaco

Le Mans

Nurburgring - Nordschleife

Online playlist is X & Co

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Higher Than Giraffe Pussy

Cranking out laps in the Enzo at Spa

This has honestly replaced sports for me right now

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Funnest War Evah

I hope it never ends
Nec Aspera Terrent

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:43 pm

I've been floating between several games:

-Sea of Thieves: Beautiful game, a blast to sail the ships, but sadistic as hell. All your hours-long work and sailing time can be taken away any second by other players leaving you with nothing (to include without a ship). I would love a coop version with more in-depth missions.

- Eve Online: The purest definition of sadistic. However, a bit easier to escape and keep your loot.

- Minecraft: Mostly for the explorations aspect, some building.

- SubNautica - On ocean version of Minecraft. Very beautiful looking game.

- A few MMO's but nothing beyond just some basic playtime

I have a PS4 as well but that is mostly my Hulu/Netflix/Prime box. Some gaming, but nothing memorable.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:35 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:43 pm

-Sea of Thieves: Beautiful game, a blast to sail the ships, but sadistic as hell. All your hours-long work and sailing time can be taken away any second by other players leaving you with nothing (to include without a ship). I would love a coop version with more in-depth missions.
I've heard good things, but it sounds kind of light-weight?
- Eve Online: The purest definition of sadistic. However, a bit easier to escape and keep your loot.

Haven't played in years now. I had to burn my account, because it was taking over my life. :)
- Minecraft: Mostly for the explorations aspect, some building.

Big fan, but I always get bored after a while.. I need achievements or a goal to chase, I guess.
- SubNautica - On ocean version of Minecraft. Very beautiful looking game.
I'm guessing you haven't gotten very far into this one. :) It turns into Resident Evil with risk of drowning. Gave me nightmares, but super fun.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:07 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:35 pm
AverageJoe wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:43 pm

I've heard good things, but it sounds kind of light-weight?
Yeah in some aspects it is. Every game starts you in a brand new ship, so you have to spend the first 10 minutes getting it set up the way you want before setting sail (weapons, gear, visuals, missions, etc). Sailing is one of the best experiences in the game by far. Combat on land is lackluster but fun. Exploration gets a bit old as the map is static and the loot random from day to day on the islands. Ship combat vs AI (Skeleton ships) is damn hard solo because you are trying to fight, repair and sail all at the same time. PvP is just a gank fest and, to me, provides no real incentive unless you are on a large fleet. Most of my time in-game was solo. I tried a few pick up crews, but they usually fell apart once one player got the mission they needed to be completed and left you behind or killed you.

As I said, I wish there was a more in-depth storyline game with more AI attacks (Skeleton crew, Krakken attacks, large shark attacks, etc) and a pure coop mode. A beautiful game with such limited vision.

I'll have to crank up Subnautica again. I was getting a bit fed up with having to eat every few minutes while trying to explore.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:57 am

AverageJoe wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:07 am

I'll have to crank up Subnautica again. I was getting a bit fed up with having to eat every few minutes while trying to explore.
Yeah, food is a pain in the ass until you get the gravity trap built, then a seabase with your own aquarium.

Meantime, just catch keep knifing fish. Also, remember to scan EVERYTHING as it adds recipes to your book.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:14 am

video games kick ass

played a few PS4 games over the past few months, God of War, Uncharted 4 and replayed the Last of Us, currently replaying Shadow of the Colossus and just bought Devil May Cry 5 on sale.

also dabbling with Destiny 2 on PC with a buddy

good stuff all around