The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

AverageJoe

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by AverageJoe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 am
Did any of you motherfuckers ever get to the center of the galaxy in No Man's Sky? I am curious if it is the case that the black holes only go in a circle around the center and that you need to get the most expensive s-class explorer ship you can find and mod it out to max out your jump range.
Yes. The center was not worth it. Concentrate on ejoying the journey more, or just build a community in an area you like.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:31 am

I am doing it in survival mode. I died once because I did not realize red, blue, and green stars have successively more dangerous wild life. To craft warp cells, go to yellow stars and stay only if the conflict level is low.

If I were in permadeath mode, I'd make money only raiding resource silos and the various manufacturing facilities for trade item blueprints.

I am starting to think black holes are not as eff3ctive as just getting a good ship and loading up on warp mods. Black holes get you only a little farther but there is no telling what resources you need to repair damage.

I can gather resources and craft twenty warp cells in an hour, though, and I can choose safe systems to do it in.

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 am

Black holes have been nerfed in recent updates and are not as random as they used to be as far as how far it will send you. In the early days I had a base set up in a Gek system with a black hole. Built a farming base on a beautiful lush planet, with 4 other planets and several moons to harvest everything I needed from. Then a new update and I log in to see my planet was totally redesigned to a harsh and unforgiving climate with aggressive drones. My base had been repackaged and resources totally wiped out. The black hole was also gone.

After trying to recover and relocate unsuccessfully , I decided to try a fresh wipe of my character and start over. That has been a bust so I logged off until they stop remaking planets.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:25 am

Haven’t played in quite a while. I may fire it up again soon.

I haven’t finished restoring the Roman Empire in EUIV yet.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:01 pm

I’m playing Permadeath mode, any planet that looks hospitable, is an aggressive drone hell hole.

Any planet that looks like a hell hole isn’t even touched by drones.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 pm

I prefer planets with aggressive drones. Weather is usually good. Lots of resources. Plenty of facilities and resource silos to raid. If it's a moon, even better

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 pm
I prefer planets with aggressive drones. Weather is usually good. Lots of resources. Plenty of facilities and resource silos to raid. If it's a moon, even better
Yeah, in permadeath, aggressive drone planets suck.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:22 pm
Why? I do not die to drones. LOL

The bigger risk are some of the animals that will sneak up and kill you with one bite in blue star systems.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:22 pm
Why? I do not die to drones. LOL

The bigger risk are some of the animals that will sneak up and kill you with one bite in blue star systems.
Never had an issue with them yet. It’s the drones that have caused me the largest headaches.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 am
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 am
Did any of you motherfuckers ever get to the center of the galaxy in No Man's Sky? I am curious if it is the case that the black holes only go in a circle around the center and that you need to get the most expensive s-class explorer ship you can find and mod it out to max out your jump range.
Yes. The center was not worth it. Concentrate on ejoying the journey more, or just build a community in an area you like.

But I still got here. I did not know you could get a portal address to it. It was going to take me like 600 jumps, otherwise, lol.

Any advice on what galaxy to create after leaving Euclid?

Gonna miss you, Euclid.

TC: i would advise you to get here on survival mode. Then you can have a good idea of how to do it safely and relatively efficiently in permadeath.

If you are careful and don't fuck around, you should get here in 40 hours of gameplay, thereabouts.

You probably want to finish the artemis story line or the center will be nothing but a reset without you being able to choose the character of the next galaxy.. hint