The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

AverageJoe

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by AverageJoe » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Anyone else have Red Dead Redemption 2 on their list?

Right now I'm jumping between Destiny 2, No Mans Sky, and Skyrim until RDR2 launch. Destiny 2 is fun but I hate PVP and folks there really don't understand teamwork. NMS is ok, but after the recent updates my original base was packed up and the planet turned from a beautiful bountiful planet to a barren wasteland. I restated the game and have had shit luck trying to find a decent planet to call home. I tried jumping into games but was kicked everytime before I even found anyone. Now that they have made blackholes jump to specific locations, there just isnt that much adventure anymore.

Skyrim is always in the ready for kicking ass and exploration.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Honestly skyrim game mechanics for sword and board are top notch. I will probably still be playing it in 20 years. I just got off a morrowind bender literally months ago and I started playing it in 2002. I wish they would upgrade a few game mechanics is all.

I've heard nothing but good things about red redemption and hope to play it someday. No Man's Sky sounds like the type of game that has the potential to be such a huge time drain. I will likely avoid it for my own good.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:26 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:07 pm
Anyone else have Red Dead Redemption 2 on their list?

Right now I'm jumping between Destiny 2, No Mans Sky, and Skyrim until RDR2 launch. Destiny 2 is fun but I hate PVP and folks there really don't understand teamwork. NMS is ok, but after the recent updates my original base was packed up and the planet turned from a beautiful bountiful planet to a barren wasteland. I restated the game and have had shit luck trying to find a decent planet to call home. I tried jumping into games but was kicked everytime before I even found anyone. Now that they have made blackholes jump to specific locations, there just isnt that much adventure anymore.

Skyrim is always in the ready for kicking ass and exploration.
I got RDR2 on my list, I’m playing D2 and NMS as well (permadeath).

I’m playing the permadeath version because I got tired of how easy the other games were.

I’m also playing a different way this time around, I got stuck in an environment where there are no animals in the entire system. So it’s 100% exploration, resources are almost nothing either.

I got a acid cloud planet, a dead plant, and ice planet, and that’s it.

I found a A level hauler while trying to repair my fist ship. Fixed it up, and now working on saving up a few million to buy a freighter.

I have given up on D2 for now until they have the duplication issues fixed, 15 exotics and none were Forsaken.

I also am playing a little Fallout 76 stress test, it needs TLC, but the game has potential...I’m just afraid that Bethesda has bitten off more than it can chew. This isn’t like the other games it has created...

I just hope RDR 2 lives up to the hype, if they spent that much time on horse balls, this game better be damn good.
#NotOneRedCent

AverageJoe

Post by AverageJoe » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 pm

I swear NMS fixes the drops on the launch of each players new game. I have jumped 20+ times, explored planets for hours, visited a lot of stations and can't find anything above a B class weapon and only A class fighters. That gets old after awhile so I rarely play much anymore.

Destiny 2 was free for PS4 players last month so I picked it up. The story was a lot more coherent than Destiny and the game play was a lot smoother, but it didn't include any of the expansions so I'm limited to lvl 20 and 261 in gear. Oh and no special ammo drops, just heavy and primary. Strikes are fun if you have two others that actually work with you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Start raiding manufacturing facilities for blueprints. Once you can make a few complex things, money is really good.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:13 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 pm
I swear NMS fixes the drops on the launch of each players new game. I have jumped 20+ times, explored planets for hours, visited a lot of stations and can't find anything above a B class weapon and only A class fighters. That gets old after awhile so I rarely play much anymore.

Destiny 2 was free for PS4 players last month so I picked it up. The story was a lot more coherent than Destiny and the game play was a lot smoother, but it didn't include any of the expansions so I'm limited to lvl 20 and 261 in gear. Oh and no special ammo drops, just heavy and primary. Strikes are fun if you have two others that actually work with you.
Yeah, I agree with Destiny vs Destiny 2... but D2 took a lot to “fix” what was broken.

As for NMS... trust me the A freighter was hard to get off the ground. Acid planet, ship had no shields.

No protection...

Can’t tell you how many times I almost gave up on that “life”. I almost died so many times, it was infuriating.

Once I got the shields it got easier, but the ship moves like a boat. Combat in it sucks, but boy, can it take damage.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Been playing the heck out of MTG: Arena https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

It's free to play, and gives you a lot of cards as you go. Very smooth interface and deck-building.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 pm
Been playing the heck out of MTG: Arena https://magic.wizards.com/en/mtgarena

It's free to play, and gives you a lot of cards as you go. Very smooth interface and deck-building.
Woh

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Oh my.

That lawn dart must have been loaded with about twenty missiles. I guess there have been some upgrades since I was in. Last time I was around an F-16 it almost killed me with hydrazine, but okay.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:19 pm
Oh my.

That lawn dart must have been loaded with about twenty missiles. I guess there have been some upgrades since I was in. Last time I was around an F-16 it almost killed me with hydrazine, but okay.
Laughed hard
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0