Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:43 am

How did you not know this?

Only worked with one duck, though.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Fallout 76...

I am not sure how I feel about this game, it hits close to home (most of my family is from Morgantown, WV.) I want to enjoy this game, I really do, and I will be taking part in the beta, but watching some of the trailers, and gameplay, it makes me worried about that Bethesda will overlook some places in the game for "efficiency" sake...

Like they did with Fallout 4, it was a good game, don't get me wrong, and they did some key points of interest, but anyone who lived in the region would be going helter-skelter on the developers because the game was lax in so many things. Such as the train stations, and the paths it took... the town halls, and many other places. Hell, Fenway Park was misrepresented badly, one of the few things they got right was the red chair... otherwise, fuck, it may as well have been in a field somewhere.

I know the game is in beta, and I know things are going to change, but still... I worry that Bethesda is going to push Fallout 76 as another quest for more money, instead of doing the region that Bethesda put into its game some service to it.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 pm

As soon as I heard it was oriented toward online/group play and included micro transactions, I was out.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:37 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 pm
As soon as I heard it was oriented toward online/group play and included micro transactions, I was out.
I heard there was an online game version where you didn’t have to play with “strangers” all the time.

Sort of like No Mans Sky.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:42 pm

I dunno - the main appeal of the Bethesda FallOut and Elder Scrolls games has always been solo play for me. While every other game, no matter how rinky-dink, is always trying to force me to play with random assholes - Bethesda built rich worlds for solo players to explore. For me, that was kind of their selling point.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:42 pm
I dunno - the main appeal of the Bethesda FallOut and Elder Scrolls games has always been solo play for me. While every other game, no matter how rinky-dink, is always trying to force me to play with random assholes - Bethesda built rich worlds for solo players to explore. For me, that was kind of their selling point.
Ditto, here is hoping I can get a few people together to play, otherwise let me play with NPCs when I don’t want to.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:29 pm

I purchased Fallout 4, but never really got into it. Fallout 3 felt like everything I wanted from that series.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:11 am

I feel bad about breaking Okee like that over this game. I hope when he finally makes it through the stages of grief over this game he will come back to the forum.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 pm

They managed to squeeze out another fallout game from that engine. Amazing, I too heard about the multiplayer and thought nah.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:35 am
Whaaa...

3BE43216-37DF-4642-BC74-2C26F994DDE3.jpeg
Hmm wat?