The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Another EU4 monkey here - just over 1000 hours in, and still getting my ass kicked all the time.
Also a big fan of Farming Simulator 17 - yeah, it's awesome. I bought No Man's Sky on sale, and it's still as shit as you've heard.

Other recent big hits include This War of Mine, FTL, Don't Starve, and Fez.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:04 pm

On Steam, I'm currently playing Planet Coaster & Roller Coaster Tycoon World. I'll bet none of you have either of those games. :D
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Kath wrote:On Steam, I'm currently playing Planet Coaster & Roller Coaster Tycoon World. I'll bet none of you have either of those games. :D
I played the shit out of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, back in the day. You're correct though, because I never buy anything at full price. I'll probably go with Planet Coaster at some point next year.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:12 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kath wrote:On Steam, I'm currently playing Planet Coaster & Roller Coaster Tycoon World. I'll bet none of you have either of those games. :D
I played the shit out of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, back in the day. You're correct though, because I never buy anything at full price. I'll probably go with Planet Coaster at some point next year.
I have RCT 2 & 3 on Steam as well. I love them both for different reasons.

The new versions are seriously good with the graphics... stunning, really. I also have Theme Park Studio, but I found it way too difficult. I spent something like 4 hours and still couldn't figure out paths...
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Not something I do a lot these days, bit of an addictive personality, but I really enjoyed tomb raider and grand theft auto. I liked the problem solving aspects of them. Played a lot of Colin McRae rally and
formula 1 driving games. Last thing I got addicted to was 8 ball pool on miniclips and would probably still be doing it if I had the bandwidth.
Only real computer game to be had is online poker though. Still play a bit, I don't have the patience for big tournaments any more but I like to play cash games still.
Sorry if the poker is rubbing it in a bit for you Americans but this is the land of the free over here when it comes to gambling.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Sorry if the poker is rubbing it in a bit for you Americans but this is the land of the free over here when it comes to gambling.
Fuck that stings.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:41 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Sorry if the poker is rubbing it in a bit for you Americans but this is the land of the free over here when it comes to gambling.
Fuck that stings.
I'll bank that then for future arguments about space travel.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fuck that stings.
I'll bank that then for future arguments about space travel.
Shit, I forgot one of my all-time favorites - Kerbal Space Program!

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Dand

Post by Dand » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 pm

I played the Roller Coaster Tycoon games ~15 years ago but haven't in a long time. The only sim game I play lately is called Banished and it's an extremely chill town-creating game. No enemies or combat, just setting up a little settlement and growing until you screw up and run out of firewood early in winter or your town becomes so big that the game can't figure out what to do and your little people all start starving to death because they want to live on one side of the town but run a farm across the map that takes 8 hours to walk to :x At that point it's stressful but until then it's all chill and relaxing.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that game, but it is an exercise in masochism, for sure.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace