Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

Montegriffo

Re: Meme Thread for Memes and other assorted Lulz

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 am

BjornP wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:32 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:46 am
How do you not know by now that he lives in his van? :roll: That has to take some kind of pathological disinterest.
..or he just based his view of Monte on how he's been portrayed over the years in the forum(s) by some of the other posters. Imagine if your only source to what sort of guy Monte is, was people like clubby...
I think I've posted more about my life than anyone here with the exception of Martin and possibly Smitty.
I've given photographic evidence to support it on many an occasion.
The fact that some choose to believe that I live off welfare in my mother's basement says a lot about their character.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:29 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 am

Yes, I paid off a couple of thousand pounds from a family loan as well.
I haven't worked out exactly what I earned last year but it was probably around 10k in total. Nor have I worked out how many days I actually worked but it was probably fewer than 30.
Obviously not everybody can live off what I earn without completely changing their lifestyles but that's not the point I was trying to make.
The point is that we can all make some adjustments to our lifestyles without having a serious drop in living standards. I managed two trips to my house in France last year without having to get on a plane probably using less fuel than the average person would have used to commute during the 6 or 7 weeks I was there.
You don't have to live in a cave as a hunter-gatherer to make a difference.
Looks like we made around the same last year, then. Which, if you can find a place to live that inexpensive enough and don't live beyond your means, won't put you on or near the poverty line. As for your larger point, just the amount of food supermarkets throw out each year is astronomical, and add how much clothes and shoes get thrown out (and slashed so no one can wear it, and food gets bleach thrown over it), and it's clear the "never-ending" growth economy is both ecologically, but also economically unsustainable. And then you have planned obsolescence, where companies deliberately design products to fail early despite being able to design them as just as sturdy as alot of our grandparents mechanics and even electronic devices were back in the day.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am

BjornP wrote:
Hastur wrote:
How do you not know by now that he lives in his van? :roll: That has to take some kind of pathological disinterest.
..or he just based his view of Monte on how he's been portrayed over the years in the forum(s) by some of the other posters. Imagine if your only source to what sort of guy Monte is, was people like clubby...
Well he obviously lives in a van now. I thought he pretty much admitted to it. But whatever. I didn't portray him that way he did. My only portrayal was about prurient interest not class or income level.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:28 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 am
BjornP wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Happens a lot around here. A lie repeated often enough, and such.
Getting all but hurt cause you got outed as a hack bitch. I didn't do that to you. You did that to you.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 am
Hastur wrote:
No, I just call bullshit when I see it.
I've posted pictures of my truck and the farm I live on.
It says a lot more about you than it does about me when you choose to call me a liar.
Next, you will be saying that I've never built a trebuchet and don't know how to juggle.
You mean your parents farm. But sure... If you run a farm you are so full of shit the seweres runith over.
#NotOneRedCent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am
My only portrayal was about prurient interest not class or income level.
You typing on your work computer? Manager looking over your shoulder? Wife? Lawyer advised you to stop calling people online...by their "prurient interests"? :P
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 am

No, I just call bullshit when I see it.
I've posted pictures of my truck and the farm I live on.
It says a lot more about you than it does about me when you choose to call me a liar.
Next, you will be saying that I've never built a trebuchet and don't know how to juggle.
You mean your parents farm. But sure... If you run a farm you are so full of shit the seweres runith over.
Not my parents' farm, it belongs to a friend. My father was a civil servant, Customs and Excise to be exact. I've never said I run a farm. I'm a chef as you well know.
I help with the threshing when I can and bung the farmer a bit of cash when I am flush but I usually have to force him to take it. I also did the catering for his son's wedding and his wive's funeral free of charge.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 pm

clubgop wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Well he obviously lives in a van now. I thought he pretty much admitted to it.
''admitted to it''?
It's not something I feel shame for. I've been living this way for nearly 30 years. I like the flexibility it gives me and it suited my lifestyle when I used to spend all Summer away from home catering at festivals and other events.
It has also meant that I haven't crowded my life with useless possessions. I just don't have anywhere to put them.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:28 pm
clubgop wrote:
My only portrayal was about prurient interest not class or income level.
You typing on your work computer? Manager looking over your shoulder? Wife? Lawyer advised you to stop calling people online...by their "prurient interests"? :P
I would never work for a company that would allow this site on a work computer. As for my wife, no way, she knows better, this is dude time. I like to change it up. If you haven't noticed I tried to curb that old saw because everyone else started using similar insults I feel as though I got to change it up. I still reserve the right to go back to it at any time, but I am pretty sure my days of writing Monty fanfic is over, just casual allusions.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:44 pm
clubgop wrote:
BjornP wrote:

Well he obviously lives in a van now. I thought he pretty much admitted to it.
''admitted to it''?
It's not something I feel shame for. I've been living this way for nearly 30 years. I like the flexibility it gives me and it suited my lifestyle when I used to spend all Summer away from home catering at festivals and other events.
It has also meant that I haven't crowded my life with useless possessions. I just don't have anywhere to put them.
Don't get your panties in a bunch, you'll have to wash them again. Spit and the local creek just don't seem to get the stains out.